Search results

1. Mount Saint Elle'ns

When it comes to music genres, I am *all* over the place.

Blues, Swing, Rockabilly, Soul, R&B, Rock, Funk, Grunge, Afro-Cuban... I can't stop genre-hopping. Just when I think I know what I want to focus on, it changes, because the different styles of music energize me in different ways. And while I was told that playing a wide variety of music will...
  2. Mount Saint Elle'ns

A link to Elle's drumming progress thread...

Elle's progress thread. It's a thread inside a thread! http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1420167#post1420167 I know I should have been posting my playing here all along, but I had this thing called, I don't want to. ;) And really, at this point, it makes sense to just keep...
  3. Mount Saint Elle'ns

How do I choose?

I went to GC to check out their cymbals and it was overwhelming. When I asked the guy what I should looking at, he asked what type of music I play. And therein lies the problem. I don't yet know what kind of music I will be playing most. I am all over the place as far as music that interests me...
  4. Mount Saint Elle'ns

Band Politics

I'd like to hear your experiences when it comes to band politics, because I have no idea what to expect. I will leave it fairly open, because I am curious about how many things work, but maybe to start with these questions: Who leads the band, and how much decision making power do they have...
  5. Mount Saint Elle'ns

Elle's Drum Head Purchase/Issue

My 22 inch EMAD coated bass drum head arrived today and it seems to be the wrong size, even though PDP says my bass drum is 22 inches. Luckily, I held the EMAD against my bass drum before I started taking off the old head, and it's much bigger. There's no way it will fit on the inside of the...
  6. Mount Saint Elle'ns

Has anyone played a Hitman E-kit?

I have been going back and forth trying to decide if I want one for practice, and I just saw this one at Costco.com: http://www.costco.com/Hitman-HM-22-Deluxe-Electronic-Drum-Kit-Bundle.product.100234008.html They give sound samples on the site, but in the video sample, the guy is not playing...
  7. Mount Saint Elle'ns

Twisty Baby Photography

Twisty Baby is a variety of poplar tree with curly, twisted leaves, and we bought one for our back garden right around the time I was experimenting with my tabletop prop photos, which are a bit twisted in a fun way (similar to my mind?), so I took it on as a name for my photography. Someone...
  8. Mount Saint Elle'ns

Playing drums to a song that didn't have drums in the original version.

I searched for a thread about this, but I couldn't find one. Feel free to redirect me if you know of one. I am very new to drumming (about 1 month), but I've wanted to drum for many years. What finally made me decide to try and play music was two things. 1. I love Big Band Jazz, and really...
  9. Mount Saint Elle'ns

What Will You Be For Halloween?

Or, what have you been for Halloween in previous years? (Feel free to include photos, if you're comfortable!) In recent years, I've gone: Steampunk. Scottish Highlander. (I loved wielding a wooden claymore) Viking. (Warrior, not princess!) Le Petit Chaperon A distant Jetson relative...
  10. Mount Saint Elle'ns

I'm Elle, I live in Seattle, and I have a couple questions.

1. What the hell have I gotten myself into? Drumming?! ;) 2. See above. Seriously, I always knew that if I tried to play an instrument, it would be drums, but my only musical ability up until now has been with dancing. I have good rhythm, and love dancing to a good drum/bass line, so last...
Back