Search results

1. davor

Alternatives to TD-1KPX

Due to my downsizing, I've put my much loved Roland TD9 into storage. I'm considering selling it and buying something that folds away neatly, and is less bulky. The Roland TD-1KPX looks ideal, however it seems near impossible to get one in the UK. I'd rather not pay full price, second...
  2. davor

Ride vs hats

So there's at least one old thread on this, I thought about resurrecting it and decided against it! Anyway, I've got myself a new ride and love it (20" sabian crescent element)..had a solo practice with it the other day and just loving it so I'll be taking it along to my band jam tomorrow. I...
  3. davor

pacific (dw) sx series - acrylic

Hi folks, anyone have experience of this? There's a snare going cheap in my area, virtually no info on this online!
  4. davor

Recommend me some inspiring music with electronic drums

Hi, I'll soon be packing my ekit away for a few months while a go through a house move. My new set up will be simple....low volume hi hat and crash, and my Alesis sample pad 4 (with kick trigger in) / drum amp. I mainly listen to classic rock type music (my Roland td9 is usually on the 70s kit...
  5. davor

splash hats?

Hey folks, not sure why this has never crossed my mind before (maybe because it’s a bad idea??)…. So I might be needing to put my much loved Roland TD9 into storage for a few months and I’m thinking about trying to have a much reduced footprint kit with low volume necessary. I have an Alesis...
  6. davor

Td9 metal hook on module

This may be obvious to most but I've never known what the metal bit is on top of the unit..anyone know?
  7. davor

bongo head size

Hey, I bought cheap stagg bongos years ago and they sat at the back of a cupboard. The heads have had stuff spilled on them and are not cleaning up, so I'm looking at buying replacement heads. Trouble is.... how to measure?! Is it the full size of the heads? The playing surface? Or the hoop...
  8. davor

Paiste dixie

I'm trying to find out which version of the Dixie I have. It's an 18" Medium Thin, Swiss. Excuse the photo, the camera on my phone is broken. I've done a bit of searching and it seems they switched from Nickel Silver to B8 by about 1971. There is no serial number on the cymbal as far as I can...
  9. davor

paiste coating - does it work?

Hi folks, so I have a few PST7 cymbals and I'm aware paiste use some kind of coating / lacquer in the factory which means you need to be careful when cleaning so as not to remove it. One of my cymbals (18" thin crash) is prone to the occasional speck of oxidation, usually a small cluster of...
  10. davor

youtube channel recommendation

Hello, I've been enjoying some guitar learning youtubers (I sometimes think about dusting off my old guitar but never get round to it!). Anyway, one channel I like is Mike Palmisano - he goes through songs/ does reactions to performances and shows licks and cool things going on. I'd like to...
  11. davor

What is the softest (and cheapest) bass drum beater?

Hello folks I'm trying to reduce kick drum noise/vibration on my e-kit, so have swapped the rubber pad for mesh. I'm now looking for a soft beater and identified the Tama Soft Sound Beater. However, it just seems so pricey for what it is. So is anyone aware of a better and/or cheaper...
  12. davor

FAST crash - to have, or not to have

Similar to the other post (member suspend6) ongoing at the moment, I have a niggle in my mind that I might want a fast crash. Why is it I can't go a few months without thinking about a new cymbal that I may or may not need?!😭 Anyway, my crashes currently are 18" PST7 Thin Crash, 16" PST Crash...
  13. davor

Straight or shuffle?

Hi folks, so I'm a few years into my drumming journey now, been playing with cover bands mainly and something I've noticed is... of the dozens of covers that I've learned and even just get discussed as suggestions, I'd say 90% of these are straight (as opposed to shuffle grooves,) The annoying...
  14. davor

trouble with playing an intro fill

Hi friends, the song is Valerie by the Zutons...for some reason I just can't compute in my brain where the drums come in, in relation to the strumming guitar. I just tend to wing it with my band in rehearsal room, sometimes it works and sometimes not.. can anyone explain what's going on. In...
  15. davor

old 2002 hats to replace pst7

Hello drummer friends, this may be a nonsense question but I've seen a pair of Paiste 2002 "Rock" hi hats black label (possibly from around 1979), good condition at decent price. I currently have PST 7, I've had them a long time and wouldn't mind swapping them out. Do you think this would be a...
  16. davor

Roland KD 10

Hi folks, anyone know if the KD 10 (new kick drum) is compatible on an old TD9?
  17. davor

Would you mix...

light with medium and with heavy cymbals? egor example... pst7 medium hats with thin crash and heavy ride? Cant make up my mind on a medium or heavy ride. I guess the medium is the sensible option!
  18. davor

Does anyone know the weight of a....

PST7 14" thin crash??
  19. davor

small footprint e-kit

does anyone know what the smallest footprint e-kit is? I currently use a TD9, but might be moving soon and space me be even more of an issue than previously
  20. davor

Roland td9 hi hat trouble

Hey folks, so I'm having issues with my td9 hi hat. The triggering from the pedal (fd8) is going haywire... Sometimes is only triggering as open (even when closed) and other times triggering as closed (even when open). When turning the module on/off , it seems to reset itself and works for a...
Back