Search results

1. Daphfz

Vintage Pearl Kit - need info please.

Hi guys, I need some urgent information on this vintage pearl drum kit. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281092523468?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_481wt_981 I am interested in knowing the years of the drums and if they are the original rims/lugs etc, looking to find one to...
  2. Daphfz

SV Professional Mixing Reference Headphones

Has anyone had any experience with these? Click Here Thanks, D.
  3. Daphfz

My New TAMA STARCLASSIC!!!! B/B Performer :)

My new Tama Starclassic in Red Sparkle Burst Finish :) This is my first pro kit so I'm quite excited :) It is absolutely fantastic and a pleasure to play. Im 99% sure the sizes are: 10x8 12x9 14x12 16x14 22x18 Snares: Remo Crown Snare - 14x5.5 Conqueror Snare - 14x5.5 Cymbals: Zildjian...
  4. Daphfz

My first original :) (now in the right catagory)

Hey guys I just remembered I made this song about a month ago n forgot to get feedback :) This was the first song I ever wrote completely on my own and the song I ever mixed/mastered lol, so yeah =) Click Here To Listen(Youtube Link) (use the first 15seconds as a guage point for the volume of...
  5. Daphfz

My first original :)

Hey guys I just remembered I made this song about a month ago n forgot to get feedback :) This was the first song I ever wrote completely on my own and the song I ever mixed/mastered lol, so yeah =) Click Here To Listen(Youtube Link) (use the first 15seconds as a guage point for the volume of...
  6. Daphfz

Pearl H-900 Hihat Stand

Hey guys, just a quick one today, Im having a hard time finding any info on this hihat stand, I just need to know, do the legs on it rotate for easier use with a double pedal? thanks D.
  7. Daphfz

A Custom Rezo or Pasite Alpha Metal?

Hi guys! Im buying a new drum kit in a few weeks, a tama starclassic b/b, and i was wondering if someone could help me choose what cymbals to buy. I like to play a variety of styles from metal to hip-hop and jazz, more so the heavier music though. I can get a set of Zildjian A custom rezo's...
  8. Daphfz

Does anyone have any experience with studio headphones?

Hey guys, I was looking at getting some headphones to listen track mix's in my studio, and I have found two that look rather good and in my sort of price range, though there is a big price difference between them, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the possible difference is, or...
  9. Daphfz

Search tool not working?

Hey has anyone else had any problems with the search tool not working?
  10. Daphfz

Meinl Classics series, good or bad?

Yeah I know it's a matter of personal opinion whether a cymbal is good or bad. But I just wanted everyone else's opinions on the Meinl classic series, what sort of level are they? Im selling my pearl blx, with zildjian zbt/zxt crashes, paiste RUDE hihats and meinl byzance ride; so I can buy a...
  11. Daphfz

New Setup, New Drum Room :)

This is my new kit setup, in my new drum room that I finally completed after 2 weeks of constant work! It's in a shipping container, carpeted floors, artificial wall at the loading end with a sound foam filled sliding door (made it myself), all walls have insulation behind the ply and all...
  12. Daphfz

Flaming Drum Sticks

Hey guys! I'm performing with my band in a couple of weeks at a talent show and I had this idea after watching a few drum line vids of a group called 'top secret', I believe there are a few vids of them on this forum. My idea is to light the shoulder/body of my drum sticks on fire while...
  13. Daphfz

URGENT HELP NEED IDENTIFYING MEINL RIDE!

Hey guys, i need urgent help to identify this ride, all i know is its a meinl and 22", i've tried looking for it on their site and couldnt find it, can anyone tell me what it is?? Please help me thanks all, Dave
  14. Daphfz

My best public playing so far :D

Hey all, I Performed in my district talent quest show a week or so ago, I made it to the finals :) but i didnt win :-|. I would like some feedback on the Drum-Solo that i did :). If you see anything i can improve on please say what it is :) But yea... I hope you guys like it! :D Thanks! :) Daphfz.
  15. Daphfz

Ring-Arrestor - Tone Control?

Has anyone heard of them or used them? They have reviews on their website from modern drummer mag and drummers, but im still skeptical. What do you guys think? Dave.
  16. Daphfz

Has Anyone Ever Tried Engraving Designs Into A Steel Snare?

I'm thinking about trying it out, ive taken the hardware off my snare and im marking out on the snare, the design i want. Would this alter the sound?
  17. Daphfz

Pearl Icon Drum Rack

Hey guys! :) I just wanted to quickly know your opinions on a matter. I found a Pearl Icon DC301(i think its ment to be 501) rack for sale on ebay, its 15mins drive from me, so collection is no problem. Its $150. it includes 2 boom arms, 4 clamps, 1 clamp+titler and a few other things. Anyway...
  18. Daphfz

DW 7000 for 275?

Hey guys, i have come across a DW 7000 double bass pedal, the guy who's selling it says its 6months old, it came with his drum kit and it has only be played for 2days he said, because he doesnt play double bass, it looks in good condition. He is asking $275 AU, is this a good price for this...
  19. Daphfz

Mapex or Legend? :)

Hey guys im watching 2 double pedals on ebay at the moment, one is a Mapex P390A which comes with a carry bag, the other is a Legend DP800 Double Pedal, i've never heard of legend, and i was wondering if someone could shed some light on this matter and also if anyone has played either of these...
  20. Daphfz

Pearl Wild 500 cymbals

Hey guys, Are Pearl Wild 500 cymbals any good? I know they would be beginner, throw away cymbals, but they look very similar to paiste rudes, so im guessing they are rudes that didnt make the cut and were sold off to pearl? Can anyone fill me in on their sound? Daphfz
Back