Search results

1. Nodiggie

Forcing self to take a break?

I'm coming off a year holiday (physical reasons). Taking time off can be refreshing. I tend to get burned out and numb playing with the same groups and music over time. I'm just glad to be back on the kit enjoying this life passion.
  2. Nodiggie

hello all, this is me

Welcome, thanks for sharing. Love TOP, great stuff. I wish one of my cover bands had a horn section this stuff is fun to play.
  3. Nodiggie

Look who scored a 80's Birch/Cordia

Got a call from a friend today. He dumped this 4pc. Birch/Cordia Artstar. 12,14,16,22 With Power Tower. I only had time to clean up the 12. It was in Mint about 10 years ago but the Church let the youth get their hands on it and well, you know the rest of the story. Will need a little work...
  4. Nodiggie

What's your "day" job?

Re: Whats your Job? I am happy to say I'm a Maintenance Planner for a little company called International Paper. It's taken me a lifetime to get this gig and I can't tell you how happy I am with it. No cell, no supervision responsibilities, no weekends, no holidays. I just schedule preventive...
  5. Nodiggie

anyone else have the custom shell builder's blues?

This past December I ordered another custom steam bent shelled snare. Today is 5 months and a few days and still no snare drum. This is NOT the builder's fault for the delay. The shell Mfg. moved shop just when my snare shell was ordered and everything went south from there. Problems with the...
  6. Nodiggie

This is too rich for my blood

Couldn't believe what this sold for. http://www.ebay.com/itm/380429171171?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_779wt_1165 I scored a 65 5x14 for just under 3 bills a few weeks ago. Q. "so what is my snare drum worth?" A. As much as someone is willing to pay for it! WOW!
  7. Nodiggie

Need a little help from the Ludwig knowledge base here

I'm looking for a vintage metal snare. I'm not that good at identifying vintage Ludwigs. Check this out and tell me if there is anything not correct about this one...
  8. Nodiggie

Tuning JPW lesson learned

This past May I purchased my very first Hybrid kit. Being Birch/Bubinga, I thought I could "get away" with tuning JPW as I have done for years on every kit I have owned and every other Maple kit I've tuned. Besides having bearing edge issues on the 10" tom (not flat), I could never get these...
  9. Nodiggie

New 2012 gear is looking good.

New Hex Rack II Mapex Custom Shop with 30 day delivery time! Too much to talk about in the next few weeks. Can't wait till next weekend.
  10. Nodiggie

Opening an Alienware wish me luck

Bought a M14X and was listed as having Bluetooth. It did not. So now I'm going to open it up and install the card. If I don't return, you know the outcome of this small adventure.
  11. Nodiggie

My favorite production snares

Was waiting for a sunny day to take these photos. Yesterday I installed a Trick throw on the 13" (LH photo). I scored it from a music store a year ago in July $149.00 bucks. I really didn't have the cash but couldn't pass since I had the 6x12 (RH photo) and simply fell in love with the Musashi...
  12. Nodiggie

Cool Mic & gear cases for cheap

Been looking for these for some time. Just thought I'd pass the info on. My cousin had a few of these cases and told me he found them at Harbor Freight. $24.99. I ran over and snagged two, one for me and one for my bass player who has this effect pedal fettish, all high-dollar stuff that...
  13. Nodiggie

I.D. the "mystery" hammer mark on Z series

For all the "Z" fans here. There was some discussions about the "Z" series going on and it was driving me insane. Have searched for any records, photos etc. on all the different hammer markings and could only I.D. 4 of them. Here is the reply from Zildijian. They haven't identified the 5th mark...
  14. Nodiggie

My latest recording with The Human Project

Here is a single track I did recently with The Human Project. Blues/Blues Rock/Southern Rock. This opportunity came about from networking with our last producer. Check out the first track on the list: Friday Thang. I made it on 4 of the 7 tracks on this new release. He only has this track up for...
  15. Nodiggie

Dave Letterman's Drum Solo Week

Couldn't find any thread (surprised). Catch Letterman this week if possible. Anton kicked off Monday night with a solo (very cool) ending Thursday night with Neil Peart on his sick Time Machine kit.
  16. Nodiggie

A big THANK YOU to a fellow Forum member

Harry Conway is the man, have consulted with him on several occasions. Awesome work brother!
  17. Nodiggie

Did you know The Spaniard?

Today is one of the worst days of my life. I took our best friend to the vet this morning for tests and we decided to say goodby to Maximus Decimus Maridius, The Spaniard. All 5 of us put names in a hat to pick his name, the girls were bummed cause his name was not Snickers. haha. He never knew...
  18. Nodiggie

K Custom 22 Dark or Dry ?

Been putting off collecting my Ks for reasons none other than lack of cash. However a good friend is getting rid of this ride. I have searched as many threads and links here and lurking the web. My "K" knowledge is very limited so I need some wisdom regarding this pie. I'm pretty sure it's a 80s...
  19. Nodiggie

Awkward impromptu audition?

A year or so ago some friends asked me to sit in on a jam session with their band since they were looking for a drummer. It was fun, met some cool cats and the end of the jam the manager shared with me in detail their immediate and long term goals. There was NO way I could commit to their...
  20. Nodiggie

Drum Gloves

Yes, two things come to mind. Grip is too hard and if the glove is too small or fits too snug your fingers are working against the resistence of the glove (isometrically) and trying to hold on to the stick. I would try to get a larger pair and see if that helps. I only use one glove on my snare...
Back