Search results

1. G

Jazz Fusion fans - Help with finding a band

Hi guys ! A band caught my attention last year on the spotify State of Jazz playlist (does not seem to be there anymore). It is a trio, keys - alto clarinet I think - drums The drummer is a young guy whom also plays tabla with the trio , plays a canopus kit and snares but I can't seem to...
  2. G

That moment...

When your 8 year-old son finally gets involved in your playing. The moment he gets youthfully excited and drops a bd beater on the bd hoop of your oh-so sweet favorite drum set. That sound. Oh that god aweful sound we all know so well... The sad realization this mark is indented and never...
  3. G

Simple audio interface - Macbook pro

Hi guys, I checked for similar threads but nothing up to date. Can anyone recomend an interface for the following setup : 1- 4 pcs kit with max. 2 cymbals+hats+ride, I wish to go with 2 overheads only but figure it might be wise to leave room for kick and snare if needed. I already have a...
  4. G

Something's off with my USA Custom

Crap it's sideways...
  5. G

Yamaha AMH 22x18 to 20x16

Hi guys, I want to complete my AMH steup, currently 22x18, 10x7 12x8 and 15x16 and possibly keep this drum for a long time (although g.a.s brain farts tend to hit me from time to time). As I play one up one down, I like the 22-12-16 for heavier stuff and thinking of adding 14x13FT and smaller...
  6. G

Snare to floor tom conversion

Inspired by a tama hyperdrive I recently tried, I was thinking about using a 14x6.5 snare as a floor tom while keeping the snares. I would try clear/coated ambassador and emperors on top as I have some lying around or on a kit, but what should I use for bottom to get a decent tom sound and a...
  7. G

No more Gas

Hey guys ! Just peaking at sites for black friday blowouts, and I have to admit I am trying to find a reason to actually hit the drum shops but can't really find any. I have all I need and more, and gave away a bunch of stuff (cymbals, stands, snare, etc.) with the Larry make-a-drummer-happy...
  8. G

Youngblood brass band

Check them out, awesome groove. Conor elmes on drums. Wow!
  9. G

Mac laptop recommendation

Hi, I am getting a new cpu for work and I would like to use it to record a bit and do simple video editing (zoom qn2, imovie and garageband, nothing fancy). The real question is this : with a mac, will I have the possibility of connecting to my remote pc at work ? I need access to outlook...
  10. G

Online lessons - feedback please

Hi guys, I have taken lessons from mikeslessons.com up until recently but took a break when they redesigned their site. i put in the work and it paid off big time. Before I join back and test their new platform, I looked around and found the Jazz drummers ressources and Hutchology. I took...
  11. G

Logistics - Packaging

Hi guys, Once again I find myself thirsty for your knowledge. Here is what I am selling : 24x14 bd 16x16 floor 14x14 floor 12x8 tom 14x6.5 snare Is this necessarily a 3 package shipment ? My solution so far : Snare in Bass drum Tom in 16 floor 14 floor on its own What is your take on...
  12. G

Pintech bridge vs triggers

Hi guys, I want to do an a2e conversion with single center-lug acoustic kit. I watched pintech's video and their bridge acoustech conversion kit would probably not work (keep in mind the center lug). Would mesh heads + rs-5 external triggers and traps on tom-snare-bd would do the trick ...
  13. G

Counting septuplets

I am working on this lick : https://youtu.be/gBkuFn1mpik First, I was wondering if you guys would count all the notes in the seven note grouping and how you would approach it. Triplets : 1 & a 2 & a 3.... 16th. : 1 e & a 2..... Quintupletd : 1 e & a ga 2.... Septuplets : 1 e & a ga da ga...
  14. G

Great washy china

Hey guys ! Anybody has a suggestion for a big bright washy china ? Or any tonal equivalent, really. I have a an 18 meinl extra dry and it is just an extremely high pitch piece of lard. Adding rivets comes to mind, but I feel that would just add shimmer to a cardboard box. What can I...
  15. G

Ladies and Gents, Zach Danzinger

You guys seen this video from Zach Danzinger ? The MD facebook post referring to it says it all : "Zach Danziger rocketing the envelop to a galaxy far, far away. Unreal." Pretty innovative stuff. https://www.facebook.com/EditBunker/videos/1111797555522244/ Am I allowed to post external...
  16. G

Big kit envy

Hi guys ! You guys ever get big kit envy ? I play 1 up 1 down, often 1 up 2 down. I feel I get everything I need from my setup, as I groove more with kick snare and hats/ride than the rest and hats/ride placement is my priority. An added bonus and secondary consideration is that is keeps...
  17. G

Yamaha recording custom and live custom

Hey guys ! I did not want to start a new thread but another more appropriate one on the subject was shut down after fair warning by the administrator. Anybody here bought the new recording custom ? I got a chance to tap on the 10 and 12 inch and they sounded absolutely marvelous. Rich and...
  18. G

Snare as latin percussion

Hi guys ! I would like to learn how to use my snare in a way similar to this (at 3:38) : https://youtu.be/gz44SiBArUE I started working on it yesterday but it does not sound too cool at this point so I started looking for basic lessons but found sweet nothing. Do you guys know any books...
  19. G

Glyn Johns / recordman + snare

Hey guys ! Not afraid to sound like a huge noob here, I have no pretention when it comes to sound engeneering, though I am a patient dude and always end up with a more than ok sound. Plus, studios in my hometown seem to work more with hip hop or guitar/vocals artists. So we are trying to...
  20. G

In search of a higher voice

Hi guys ! I own a gretsch usa custom and have one rack (12x8) and 2ft (14x14,16x16). I would enjoy having a 10" tom to my left for those occasions where a higher voice would compliment the music, but mine was a limited edition kit and I can't get add-ons. I thought of buying a completely...
Back