Search results

1. Guru Drums

Announcement - Competition finalists.

First up, a huge thank you to all who took the trouble to enter the Guru Drums In-Tense snare competition. We set a tough challenge, one that got you thinking, & presented an inclusive environment allowing all levels of player to stand a real chance of winning. The results are now back in from...
  2. Guru Drums

First photos - In-Tense series black walnut stave

First photos - In-Tense series black walnut stave kit As always, here first. Got back from a trip early this afternoon, & just had to finish off this beauty & take some snapshots for you :) Not good light, but you get the idea. 24" x 14" x 8mm thick - 18" x 14" x 7mm thick - 14" x 9" x 6mm...
  3. Guru Drums

Farewell dear friend :(

With the launch of Origin series 2, we're saying goodbye to our Origin series 1 steam bent ash demo kit. Steam bent duties at Guru being taken over by the In-Tense series. The little "Cappuccino" kit has won over hearts wherever it's appeared, especially the thunderous 20" x 12" deep bass...
  4. Guru Drums

New - official Guru In-Tense video starring David Floegel!

Direct & live from the studio, & presenting our latest Guru artist, David Floegel, we offer our new video featuring the 3 x 10" toms In-Tense series ash kit. This time out, in addition to our usual no processing captures, we've included a mildly processed version of David's performance. Lots...
  5. Guru Drums

Prototype tom depths

As it's a lovely day, & I'm building in the shop, I thought I'd just take a couple of photo's of the pre production prototype toms we'll be videoing on the 9th. All 10" diameter, but 6", 8.5", & 11.5" deep respectively. All steam bent English ash In-Tense series shells, same edges, heads...
  6. Guru Drums

I think we've got some work to do ;)

After a 12 hour round trip drive (overnight), I just arrived back with the first of two batches of shells & hoops. We don't trust such a precious cargo to couriers. A ton of our signature solid segmented ovangkol hoops, & some pretty special kit + snare shells too. For the keen eyed here...
  7. Guru Drums

In-Tense snare competition video thread

This thread will be constantly updated with the latest video entrants from around the globe for the interest of members here. Opinions will not influence judges however, but feel free to praise offer opinion as appropriate. Remember, it's quite a brave thing to attempt, so please be mindful of...
  8. Guru Drums

Competition - early heads up for forum members :)

Ok, nothing thinly veiled about this ;) We're running a competition! I'm travelling outside the country next week, & when I return, we'll be officially launching a video competition on our website & Guru Facebook page. It's free to enter, & the prize is a 13" x 7" In-Tense series steam bent...
  9. Guru Drums

Website hosting rant!

Finally cutting ties with the super expensive & super slow service website hosting company we've been saddled with since before my tenure at Guru. I cancelled the deal today, but still wanted to keep some of the traffic that's organically built up on the old website address. The hosting...
Back