Search results

1. coolhand1969

Tuning woes

Snare has always been the hardest for me. Sometimes I get it where I want, then come back the next day and wonder what I was thinking. I use a Metal Pearl snare 14 x 6.5, with an Emperor X Batter and an Ambassador Snare Side. Once I have it where I like it, I put a plastic control sound-ring...
  2. coolhand1969

Question for the Professionals

Just out of curiosity, what happens or does anything happen, when a drummer endorses and gets paid by let's say a cymbal company, but he is out using cymbals from another brand? I watched a video about a minute ago of Scott Rockenfield, a long time Paiste player, and he is using 2 Zil Chinas...
  3. coolhand1969

Zil K: Platinum Standard?

Not to start a major war, but in your opinion what cymbal series is the "platinum standard" Personally, I am a Paiste guy, but I must give it to the Zil K. I think this is the cymbal all others are chasing.
  4. coolhand1969

If given the opportunity would you....

Most of us, on this forum, are rock/jazz/heavy drummers. However, if given the opportunity (forget money, you would still get the cash whether you played or not), are there 5 Country Artists (alive today) who you would enjoy playing for? These are mine: 1) Brad Paisley 2) Garth Brooks 3)...
  5. coolhand1969

What's your "day" job?

On disability: MDD w/ psychos / PTSD / Severe Geveralized Anxiety / OCD / Alcoholic since age 11 But it is only rock n roll and I like it!
  6. coolhand1969

Anybody else enjoy the search?

Been away for a bit (Admins are surely happy about that), but I wanted to pose a ? There is a lot of talk about getting the cymbals which sound best to you. Obviously, we could get Zil K's/Sabian HHX/Paiste Sigs, of course they will all sound great. I have 2002's and some Giant Beats, which...
  7. coolhand1969

It is your band, who do you pick for lead singer?

Ok, it is up to you. You are THE drummer and can have any lead singer alive today to front your band. Who do you pick: Only 5 Bruce Dickenson - Maiden Geoff Tate - QR when he was young, first 5 albums Axle Rose - GnR Robert Plant - LZ Meatloaf - Independent Honorable mention goes to Don Henley
  8. coolhand1969

On the Road

For those of you have been out on the "Road" and all that comes with it and for those newer drummers who may be out there one day at a RoadHouse: What song or songs remind you of your experiences? Mine are lame, I admit, but: Turn the Page Bob Segar The Load Out...
  9. coolhand1969

Scorpions Fans

You have to see this, the new lineup and the old, including Herman Rarebell on drums.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQOSJPEEmGk
  10. coolhand1969

Drummers you like on youtube

OK, Cooper Drummer has been blasted (rightfully so), Drumeo has been shot down, so who is it on youtube that is really doing a good job, not just trying to flog DVD's. Gotta be someone!? Thanks
  11. coolhand1969

Alpha players

I have a variety of cymbals, the Big 3, but I prefer my Alphas. Some are the old series, some the middle series, none are the new Brilliant series. I love these cymbals, though I have 2002's which cost 2X's as much. I honestly believe this whole "Intermediate Level" stuff is wrong. They are...
  12. coolhand1969

Stefanie Eulinberg - Kid Rock Drummer

Just got done watching Kid Rock Live at the Sturgis Rally in 2013. I know some of you may not be fans of his, but this is about his drummer Stefanie Eulinberg. I know there has already been a thread regarding female drummers, but this different. I think you have to give her some real solid...
  13. coolhand1969

Led Zep Sound Guy Article

I just found this interview with the sound guy who helped on Zep IV and particularly When the Levee Breaks, pretty interesting stuff, thought you might enjoy. http://www.musicradar.com/us/news/drums/andy-johns-on-the-secrets-behind-the-led-zeppelin-iv-sessions-586533
  14. coolhand1969

Contest

Alright, here is the scenario: We have Buddy Rich, John Bonham and Neil Peart all in their absolute prime. Contest time: 1) They have to compete playing several types of music. 2) We will start with Big Band, then Jazz, then Blues based Rock, then Prog Rock and then a solo. 3)...
  15. coolhand1969

Hanging cymbals

Ok, let me see if I can ask this so it makes sense. I would say most all of us mount our cymbals on the stand the normal way, but I have seen a couple of drummers lately who position their stands so the cymbal can hang (Sheila E does this). I tried it a long time ago and was always concerned...
  16. coolhand1969

Like to know what the forum thinks

I just got finished playing for a little over 7 hours straight. I set the MP3 player to random and play whatever comes up. I have everything from Zep to Mary Chapin Carpenter, to Maiden to Dusty Springfield, etc.. The last song which popped up was the Eagles "Life in the Fast Lane" and to...
  17. coolhand1969

Bonzo Bash, the legend and Jason

I am not so sure this is a question, as much as it is a comment. Considering the respect most all of us have for John Bonham, I assume many of you have watched the different drummers who played in the Bonzo Bash (found on you tube). There were some very big name drummers there to pay tribute...
  18. coolhand1969

Open handed, please read

I have a question for those who play openhanded. To begin, this is not a debate over which is better, open or crossed, this is not about drummers who have played crossed and are now trying to play open because some teaching "guru" has said it is better. I have always played open and always...
Back