Search results

1. Icetech

Split a snare head for the first time..

So.. recently i bought an aquarian American vintage (i have a stave snare that's slightly oversize) and fell in love with it. ended up on my rogers dyna.. Last night i was playing and went to start another song and the head had split along the bearing edge.. I have never had a head split. and...
  2. Icetech

"Punk" on EPiX

Just wanted to mention this for any old punk fans or new i guess.. 3 episodes out so far and is easily the best punk documentary i have seen.. starts back with the MC5 and Stooges and works up from there.. interviews with a lot of big names and great footage..
  3. Icetech

This is why i like jazz...

Ok.. not sure what genre.. but i just ran into this and have to post it.. and i thought drummers would like it :) Be warned.. the longer you listen the better it gets, i think it's a trap of some type.. The Shaggs
  4. Icetech

Bad Rogers replacement wires?

Just curious if anyone has replaced their rogers wires with new wires from the new rogers? When i got my snare the orignal wires were pretty bad. ordered new ones. It's been about 8 months and just felt underneath and a third wire has come out of the end.. I had 2 of the wires come off about...
  5. Icetech

Tom Jones...

Just went last night and saw Tom Jones here in detroit... Was a good show, his voice still sounds great (had to warm up a bit then started hitting some things i thought he wouldn't be able to at 78..) The drummer had an interesting setup, 2 dw kits one forward one 90 degrees to the left so he...
  6. Icetech

Quick roger question..

So i was talking to a customer of mine that has played the same Gretsch kit since the 60's and he mentioned he had a rogers snare laying on shelf for like 20 years now.. he brought it in and handed it to me, told me use it as long as i want, It's in good shape and i want to take it all apart and...
  7. Icetech

Can drums swell/expand?

So.. i'm 99% sure the answer has to be yes to this.. BUT.. about 2 years ago i had a guy here in michigan (bud buznik, i think) Make me a walnut stave snare.. which i just love to death, a few months about i just couldn't seem to tune it at all and get anything decent.. So i was going to swap...
  8. Icetech

Watching a deal go away?

Soo.. bored at work looking through CL today (which is never good) and i run into this kit for sale... https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/msg/6061449448.html So.. emailed the guy and someone is coming to pick it up tonight.. Which i don't need another kit i have wanted a vintage ludwig 2up...
  9. Icetech

Cashing in on the dead.. (Aquarian now..)

So awhile ago a drum company was talking bout making a buddy rich snare.. which i found just appalling. And now i just got a email from Aquarian that they are now making Buddy Rich heads. Does the cashing in on a dead persons name bug anyone else or am i out of line? I actually love Aquarian...
  10. Icetech

Hand Hammering.. why?

I was going to respond to another thread about cymbals but decided to just create one rather than hi-jack. Why do cymbal manufacturers and their retailers tout hand hammered like that's a good thing? Is there a reason that cymbals can't be machine made and sound good? I mean between laser...
  11. Icetech

Accidentally finding new music..

So.. i spend my nights after work practicing for 1-2 hours doing exercises then 1-2 hours flipping through youtube playing along with songs. That suggestion bar on the right though has led me to some interesting discoveries. Bands like leaf hound or Fresh blueberry pancake. Or Black Cat bones...
  12. Icetech

Help: Is DW Performance Snare A Mistake

no idea how this ended here.. was a response to a thread.. please delete....
  13. Icetech

Junior Parkers drummer?

So... as i play through songs when practicing i use youtube and just play through the lists on the right and this song keeps coming up and i am so in love with it.. and although normally detest remakes of songs (since people generally don't do it as well as the original or don't change it and...