Search results

1. Neilage

Songs With the Bands Name in the Lyrics

T-Rex is mentioned in the Mott The Hoople song "All The Young Dudes" and The Who's "You Better, You Bet".
  2. Neilage

David Lovering

For all you PIxies fans: David Lovering: I try to keep it the same as the record. There’s one song we play called “Where Is My Mind?” We’d been playing that since maybe 1987. Recently I listened to it for the first time in years—I didn’t need to because I play it all the time. But I realized...
  3. Neilage

What's your latest purchase?

4. Neilage

Rosie

Surprised no one has mentioned "Peg". My fav is "Debra" by Beck.
  5. Neilage

Kit for Wedding Band

Sounds to me like you are looking for a Gretsch Catalina with a mic'd 14x20 kick.
  6. Neilage

Zildjian ZHT

I will always regret giving away my first new cymbals, a pair of Paiste 404 B8 Hats.
  7. Neilage

Zildjian ZHT

I have a 20" ZBT crash/ride that has an unbelievable washy sweetness. Every other cymbal I own is a Paiste (Signatures & 602s). I've intended to "upgrade" the ZBT to a Giant Beat so that my kit will have only Paiste, but I cannot bring myself to part with the ZBT. I've often wondered if my ZBT...
  8. Neilage

I can not go to drum lessons right now what is a good video or you tube to study?

Tommy Igoe's "Great Hands For A Lifetime" and "Groove Essentials".
  9. Neilage

And we’re doing it again!

My first reaction was how incredible your rack tom and snare sounded. Overall, the show looked and sounded great. Several of the "in concert" comments stated as much. The "bird's eye" camera above your kit was a nice touch. I felt that you did a superb job of playing the Devo drum parts...
  10. Neilage

Apologies for any copyright infringement to Bo.
  11. Neilage

Just bought my ticket. I'm a nostalgic Devo "Spud Boy". Looking forward to checking out the Crosstown hardware.
  12. Neilage

What's your latest purchase?

$15?!?!?!?!? Well done, Ransan!
  13. Neilage

Do you have a feeling that you don't have to practice something that you have already mastered?

Before every show, Tool's Danny Carey practices stick exercises on his drum pad from his old, tattered rudiment book for at least a half-hour.
  14. Neilage

Dragonforce - Through The Fire And Flames

Paiste just posted this Wednesday on YouTube. I'm no metalhead, but this is impressive:
  15. Neilage

INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Real name? Neil Age? 52 How long have you been playing? Age 10 to 23 -- from 19 to 23, I played in a bar band in Athens, GA while @ college -- long absence/marriage/kids -- picked it up again 5 years ago. Origin of user name? Nickname I picked up from friends in college Your top 5 drummers...
  16. Neilage

Happy Birthday Ringo

Black Crowes drummer Steve Gorman posted this on his Instagram: On this day in 1980, the dude on the left turned 40. On this day in 1980, the dude on the right played his last ever gig. They loved each other dearly. Big brother / little brother. They sit side by side, just the two of them, on...
  17. Neilage

Anderson Paak on Price is Right.

I thought for sure it was a Design Series and B8s at first glance.
  18. Neilage

Anderson Paak on Price is Right.

19. Neilage

Gretsch Renown RN2 Silver Oyster Pearl

I had the same reaction when I got my new piano black RN2-E8246 in February. They sing like angels.