Search results

1. M

COVID and Creativity

Well this is either coincidence or big brother tech has tabs on my every move... I think the later. Anyway, this just in from Reverb... How Artists are Working From Home
  2. M

COVID and Creativity

I didn’t know how to title this thought, so here it goes with a bit more detail on my comment/ question. With COVID shutting down most things, especially live events, do you think the bands that are now doing very little, have shifted their efforts to a more creative state? Or stalled? I would...
  3. M

Any Kansas / Phil Ehart fans?

Carry On and Dust in the Wind are radio friendly. They have a few other like that. And they definitely brought in some new fans. While the shorter hits are great, I prefer the progressive longer pieces. You might like their most successful album Leftoverture. It did well for a reason. Hits and...
  4. M

Any Kansas / Phil Ehart fans?

Kansas... Long time fan of the band. Each member brings a special sumpin sumpin to their very unique sound. And there's a few band changes... again. Ehart's percussion constantly amazes me and thank gawd, he has been the catalyst to keeping the band going. He now manages the band. Anyway...
  5. M

You know you’re getting old when...

What a Dad joke. Right? That's a dad joke? Yea it is... I'm sure it is. It's funny as hell. Funny I said... dammit.
  6. M

I tried to explain to her

Very funny song... and so much truth to it. remember from long days gone on the Bob and Tom Show.
  7. M

Church Drummer Playing Too Loud?

What the hell, pop up wants me to allow Facebook to track this video. I click ‘don’t allow‘ and it shuts down. What is going on with these big social websites?
  8. M

One song you've played more than any other.

Song For America - Kansas I‘ve been practicing this song on and off since forever and I still don’t have it down. It’s become my brass ring.
  9. M

Goofy or Silly Original Songs

Ode to the Odometer - artist unknown sorry no recording... but I definitely remember a local band wrote this song. In a nutshell (Harry Chapin style of storytelling), it’s a story about finding a car full of kids have run off the road for no apparent reason. Then they see the odometer was just...
  10. M

Drummers Can't Dance?

Oh... I can dance... I’m just not sure any one else would recognize it as dancing. example a
  11. M

Fave Live Albums

Marshall Tucker Band - Where We All Belong Atlanta Rhythm Section - Are You Ready Eagles - Hell Freezes Over
  12. M

What is your favorite drummer joke?

“OK fellas... what key are we in for this song?”
  13. M

Hawaii 5-0 drum intro fun...

Whaaaaaaaaa
  14. M

There's loads of mediocre rock cover bands, then there's-----

Well hell, since Andy introduced this cover band (Classic Rock Show), Youtube in their ahem wisdom has been introducing others. Some just amazed at the talent out there. Band Geeks. Their range is pretty massive. Looks like they have a ton of rotating talent. This version of Heaven and Hell...
  15. M

Isolation Performance

I wanted to like the isolation performances when this all started, but less than a few have caught my attention. This one, by The Doobie Brothers (Black Water) does a pretty fine job.
  16. M

I’m worried that live music is over

Not over...but... it just may become a different form. These Living Room performances may be just one little niche for change.
  17. M

Loudest Concert

that is a great line... I need to use that line some time soon. ☠
  18. M

One World: Together Home Live

I was scratching my head with McCartney. Not only did he sound horrible, but I had to explain to my wife he was doing a Beatles tune... but weirdly different
  19. M

Loudest Concert

I did not see a thread on this. While practicing with some random tunes on my kit, Blue Oyster Cults "Don't Fear The Reaper" popped on. This instantly brought memories of the LOUDEST concert I've ever witnessed. It had to be the 80's when BOC had a ton of hits and I went to go see them at the...
  20. M

One World: Together Home Live

Pre-show started live at 1:00 PM CT today (4/18/2020) Main Show @ 7:00 PM CT The list of artists is staggering, even if I don’t know most of them... I’m still discovering new stuff. Take Action ... ACT.ME More tonight on all the networks.