Search results

1. Frosticles

Cymbal to drum ratio

4 drums & 4 cymbals because I am a lazy git & can't be bothered with any more :) (I do own over 50 cymbals though) :D
  2. Frosticles

show off your snare

107407941_275572957207741_686066005284427733_n by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
  3. Frosticles

Evans ST Dry Snare Head

Been a fan of the Genera & the Genera Dry for a while now. Tried everything over the years but these are now my go-to depending if its wood or metal.
  4. Frosticles

ARE YOU A DIVE BAR DRUMMER?

Still lucky to play all over the world (Currently on hold due to Covid) Chomping at the bit to resume.
  5. Frosticles

Better to be diverse or specialize?

One trick pony here. I do my one trick very well though. As I am approaching the twilight of my one trick though, I am looking to branch out :)
  6. Frosticles

And justice for all...Snare drum?

Heard this as well :) Did read somewhere that the main was a piccolo.
  7. Frosticles

Which kit to keep?

A good position to be in & I am in the same one. Both of your kits are good quality & sound. I really like the Visions & would be tempted to keep those (If they are the 6/8's, 6 ply toms, 8 ply Bass & Floor).
  8. Frosticles

15" hats

The whole thing sounds superb :) Just invested in some 15" hats (Paiste 2002 SE) & really looking forward to using them :)
  9. Frosticles

Tama Big Black Steel

The band(s) I play in are incredibly loud. So, Snare drum choice is important for me. The loudest (& nicest) I have ever used is the Pearl 14x8 Series 1 Free Floater. The projection & tone from that drum is just incredible. The drum I regret selling the most :( I also use a Pearl 13x3 Brass...
  10. Frosticles

BB 8x14 or Q Drum Copper 7x14?

REALLY liking that :) Sounds phenominal.
  11. Frosticles

And justice for all...Snare drum?

Interesting thread :) A little off topic but I have always wanted to know what snare Dave Lombardo used on "Reign in Blood" :)
  12. Frosticles

I needed the weight (Crosstown discussion)

Nah, I am too lazy ;)
  13. Frosticles

Unfortunately not. This was the very first thing I tried. The Footplate is fixed unfortunately & can't be moved. :(
  14. Frosticles

New "Crosstown" lightweight stands from Yamaha

No issues with either :) They are as stable as any double braced stands :)
  15. Frosticles

When I gig (when......) I will use my normal throne (Ahead Spinal G) & also my Mapex Falcon 2 legged Hi-Hat Stand. As, like you, I like the stability of these. I have yet to use the Crosstown Hi-Hat Stand as it is impossible to use my double pedal with it :(
  16. Frosticles

So I got a DW9000 single pedal

This bugs me as well but I use the supplied memory locks so, it's just the initial set up that is annoying. On the MDD's, they don't have the grooves for the locks so, you have to go through this annoying process every time. The machined "MDD" is a brilliant pedal though but takes a little...
  17. Frosticles

Drum Gear Photography

Tama Silverstar Custom by Kevin Frost, on Flickr 9Y0A7120 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr 9Y0A6901 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
  18. Frosticles

Drum Gear Photography

I use off camera flash a lot. Use remote triggers. The pic of my Masters kit is without flash though & shot in our kitchen. :oops:
  19. Frosticles

Drum Gear Photography

Thank you :) Yes, the gaskets are original for this kit :)
  20. Frosticles

Cymbal sweet spot vs cymbal default position.

Can't say I have ever noticed.