Search results

1. Neilage

Dragonforce - Through The Fire And Flames

Paiste just posted this Wednesday on YouTube. I'm no metalhead, but this is impressive:
  2. Neilage

Anderson Paak on Price is Right.

3. Neilage

Vic Firth LIVE: Brush Masterclass

I am really looking forward to this tomorrow, May 7th at 3pm (ET). Featuring Peter Erskine, Jojo Mayer, Russ Miller, Stanton Moore, Steve Smith, Dave Weckl.
  4. Neilage

BDD Chops app

I just discovered this app for the iPhone and I am very impressed. The app lets you pick your rudiment and set the BPM; then it uses the phone's microphone to determine how accurately you are playing in time. I cannot attest to the accuracy of the measurements, however it appears to be pretty...
  5. Neilage

Piggybacking on C.M. Jones "Informal Poll" thread...

What song(s) do you absolutely love the sound of the snare drum? Everything Bonham is assumed as a given. As a preemptive measure to prevent this thread from devolving into a "how can I get my snare to sound like that?" hijacking, please refer to the number of other threads explaining how...
  6. Neilage

Chad Smith's Quarantine Drum Grooves - Name that tune.

The RHCP drummer has been posting a daily drum groove on Instagram for his followers to "Name that Tune" https://www.instagram.com/chadsmithofficial/
  7. Neilage

Vic Firth Remix brushes

Video of the 4 new brush sticks introduced @ NAMM 2020. https://drummerszone.com/news/vic-firth-remix-brushes-demo-and-interview-with-inventor-pete-lockett/namm-2020-66-13839/article/
  8. Neilage

Paiste Drum Challenge

Looks like Paiste is joining the quarantine crowdsource trend... DRUM CHALLENGE - Are you in?
  9. Neilage

Cymbal Wiki

I stumbled on this link during my self-quarantine: Cymbal Wiki I really dig like the "Search Cymbal" feature.
  10. Neilage

Total Nerd Alert - Tommy Igoe

Tommy's new tech
  11. Neilage

New pedal for a Speed King loyalist?

I used a Speed King pedal throughout the '80s and '90s and never gave it a second thought. After about 20 years without playing drums, I decided to get a kit again and ended up with a cheap Pearl Forum series with a single chain P-890 pedal. The response of the P-890 was incredibly slow, so I...
  12. Neilage

PROPERTY FROM THE ESTATE OF WALTER BECKER (STEELY DAN)

For those of you with more disposable income than myself, here is a link to the online auction of musical items from the genius of Walter Becker. Several of his personal drums are available, including his Ludwig Black Beauty and Brady snare...
  13. Neilage

Which LM402?

There appears to be an endless number of threads and comments regarding the LM402, however I was not able to find the answers I am looking for. I am finally able to pull the trigger on a used Supra. I am looking for a 14 x 6.5 WITH the tone control. I would prefer a Black Beauty, but I don't...
  14. Neilage

Anderson .Paak: Tints (Live) - SNL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzj92mbo8T0
  15. Neilage

Space between your hi-hat cymbals?

Long time forum reader, 1st time poster... Apologies if this has already been discussed in the forums; I searched but could not find a thread. How much space do you prefer to have between your HH cymbals when open? I was watching a Dave Brubeck Quartet video, and Joe Morello seems to have...