Search results

1. roncadillac

Kit for Wedding Band

I'm a huge fan of the 2pc set up. I used a 2pc with just a ride for a year or two with my last band and was the house drummer at a local hip hop show with just a 2pc and hats + ride. So much fun.
  2. roncadillac

Throw In The Towel

Nice tip, thanks! I use the brush attachment on my vacuum which means I can get the whole thing in minutes, except under the lugs... That area is perpetually dusty lol.
  3. roncadillac

Kit for Wedding Band

I personally would stick with the 18/12/14 cat and invest in a mic set, small mixing board, and powered speaker. You can mic and mix yourself then dump into a small speaker, or set of speakers, to boost your volume in the mix or if you band uses a pa you can send out to their speakers and blend...
  4. roncadillac

Gig bags for Manu Katche Jr kit

Here are the dimensions from pearl's website for the midtown bag set, I really think these will do the trick for you. Sweetwater (not sure if they ship outside the US) has them for $119us: "Bag Set includes (2) 27.5"(L) x 15"(W) x 15"(D) multi-drum bags and 18"(W) x 16"(D) bass drum bag."
  5. roncadillac

Thanks! Even though I'm only about 5 miles off the ocean (not sure of the kilometer conversion, sorry @Griffin. Wait, do you guys use K or M? lol) I'm slightly above halfway up the coast from the bottom. With the storm's current weakening it shouldn't be much by the time it gets up to me later...
  6. roncadillac

Ooo... Yes, I hear Australia can be tough (especially right now!). I wish you luck. I'd pull mine out and measure the insides but I'm on the Eastern coast of Florida about to get hit by a storm and have everything packed away for a couple days just in case.
  7. roncadillac

Pearl CHB830 question

They got right back to me, very apologetic, and are taking care of it. I didn't expect any less, their communication is always great and they have an excellent reputation for customer service. I think this was a minor packing mistake, it is a crazy time in the world for retail.
  8. roncadillac

Look at the pearl midtown bag set. The bass drum bag is for a 16x14 but it's got room to spare, mine certainly does and I'm sure it could fit 1" of extra depth. The other bag fits a 10x7, 13x12, and 13x5.5 with some room to spare. I'm almost positive you could fit your bass drum in the bass...
  9. roncadillac

Pearl CHB830 question

Well, good news/bad news situation here. I received my shipment today, very quick, unfortunately I was shorted the mounting bracket and was sent just the cymbal arm itself. I went back and double checked the listing on their website to make sure I didn't misread it and sure enough it says two...
  10. roncadillac

Two Princes Drum Cover!

If you aren't already familiar then I highly suggest you check out Blind Melon's lesser known second album 'Soup'. It's full of some great tunes that fit this style of playing.
  11. roncadillac

JOHN MAYER TRIO and BEASTIE BOYS

Hell yes, Beastie deeeep cut! I love that album so much. Funky boss, namaste, prof booty, fantastic music that isn't spoken of as much.
  12. roncadillac

Two Princes Drum Cover!

Nice job! Your kit sounds great, you nailed that song's iconic snare sound, you groove was very tight, and your playing was subtle but effective. Like I always say, ain't no pop like 90s pop!
  13. roncadillac

Zildjian ZHT

I got lucky and found one 'used' for about $60 less then a new one because someone bought one, tapped it twice, and sold it. It didn't even have stick marks and still had the barcode sticker. Good luck, I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for at a good price!
  14. roncadillac

Zildjian ZHT

Well considering that series offered the 'titanium' line then I assume the X stands for EXTREME!!!! lol
  15. roncadillac

Trying to decide on a set in big sizes...

That 18 and 24 will make your neighbors sell their house
  16. roncadillac

Trying to decide on a set in big sizes...

As long as it's accurately described and doesn't have any hidden flaws, I would definitely jump on that. Killer sizes, vintage vibe, sturdy build, and most of the upgrades/repairs you typically have to do to vintage drums like these have already been purchased and done. I think he spoke lightly...
  17. roncadillac

Zildjian ZHT

For solo practice and in a rock band rehearsal setting (assuming everyone isn't blasting) it is plenty loud. For live performance I personally find it to fall just a bit short volume wise, however every person I've shared the stage with and friends 'in the know' in the crowd have always...
  18. roncadillac

Shell mounting my pearl midtown tom

I was thinking this as well. I mean Pearl's 'acousiglue' process ensures full permeation of wood with glue... It's, for conversation sake, one solid piece at that point. I can get larger washers from home depot for a couple bucks. With that said... I think I am going to put off drilling this...
  19. roncadillac

Zildjian ZHT

I wholeheartedly agree. Same with the newer Zildjian S line, if I was playing hard rock and metal like I did in my younger days I'd have no problem using a full set. The I series that replaced the ZBT are also really cool. The 14" trash hat set sounds so good for what it is. My set up is an...