Search results

1. Frosticles

Oddity......... Izmir 20" Medium Ride

Acquired this cymbal a couple of days ago & assumed it was Brass junk. On closer inspection, looks a very nice cymbal. Lovely lathing & hand hammering. Has a great sound with good definition & no nasty overtones. I am thinking it is B20 by it's sound. Anyone have any info on these cymbals...
  2. Frosticles

Help identifying drum kit make.

Just got this pile of scrap that I intend to make into a "Skip Kit" anyone have any idea as to who the manufacturer is? I've been looking all day but have drawn a blank. s-l1600-23 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr s-l1600-25 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr B44BAB38-B987-4A2D-8B04-9713F99E5659 by Kevin...
  3. Frosticles

Yamaha Crosstown Hardware

Bought a set last week with an extra cymbal stand. Got around to setting it up today. Overall opinions - wonderful. Superbly made, stable & super light. One BIG gripe though is the Hi-Hat Stand. Almost impossible to use with a double pedal as the base is fixed & cannot be turned :( looks like...
  4. Frosticles

Swap Premier Artist Maple for Crush Sublime E3 Maple?????? Thoughts

I have just acquired a Premier Artist Maple (British made) As I regret selling my last one. Have been offered a Crush Sublime E3 Maple as a straight swap. I have no knowledge of the Crush. Any thought from you all? Kind regards, Kevin
  5. Frosticles

Crappy Sonor Force 2001 Head Choice?

I have just purchased a rather crappy Sonor Force 2001 (£50) for kit share gigs. A little reading up on the thing & it mentions that head choice is important as only certain heads will sound good on it. Anyone have this thing & what is your head choice? Ta muchly :)
  6. Frosticles

Help needed with DW MDD Pedal. (Pic required)

Slight curiosity with my MDD pedals. Can someone who also has some of these please take a pic of the main pedal where the bearing fits into the post on the side nearest the shaft. My bearing seems to sit proud by about 1mm. I have measured the distance between the posts at the bottom & at the...
  7. Frosticles

Toying with the idea of the DW MDD Pedals............. Convince me......or not :)

I have a chance of a pair of these & am curious. Never played DD's before. I currently have a brand new pair of 9002's currently on chains. (Straps available if I wanted) & also a pair of Iron Cobra Coiled Powerglides which I take on tour as I don't care too much for them. Been watching a few...
  8. Frosticles

Bored & fed up with the constant rain.......

Crappier weather than usual here in the UK. Cold, extremely wet & windy. Has been for a week now :( So, to cure today's boredom I set up both my kits. Much happier now.......... Decided that I am going to sell the PDP/DW Rack though. 9Y0A5974 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr 9Y0A5967 by Kevin...
  9. Frosticles

Needing a very rare Pearl 10" Tom. Having problems.

Hi all. Have asked this over on the PDF Forum but also thought it wouldn't harm to ask here also. I am trying to fins a 10" tom for my Pearl Masters Premium Maple "Redline" kit. I know these are very rare kits & even more so here in the UK. I have emailed Pearl but am yet to receive a reply :(...
  10. Frosticles

2 cracks in a month.........

In the past 20 years I have never cracked a cymbal (Zildjian) but, have cracked two (Non-Zildjian 18 & 19 crashes) in a month. They have both gone in the same place but have been told it isn't a manufacturing defect so not covered under warranty. In the past, I have suffered cracks from either...
  11. Frosticles

Cramping problems. Solution?

Hi all, Have been suffering from cramping of my right hand (Especially the thumb) during the first two or 3 songs of our set. Have been doing lots of warm up exercises before we play which I usually start a couple of hours before. Finger stretches etc. I am also beginning to cramp up in my...
  12. Frosticles

Manufacturing error or something else?

Had this happen last weekend :( Mortified. Heard it go off mid set. First cymbal break for 20 years & the cymbal has had only light use really :( To me, looks like a manufacturing fault to go in that place & that pattern? Thoughts....... fullsizeoutput_e7d by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
  13. Frosticles

Been a long time. Remo CS Black Dots

The last time I used these would have been over 30 years ago on my old Premier Royal knacker. They are still, to me, the coolest looking heads available :) Tuned up & they sound fantastic. Looking forward to gigging with them in a couple of weeks. fullsizeoutput_e69 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
  14. Frosticles

Black Panther Blaster Snare wire size?

Have a 13x7 Blaster & am wondering if I can fit 30 strand Pure Sound wires? I have done this on my Tama SLP G-Maple but the gaps on the bottom hoop look wider on that. Anyone fitted wider wires to a Blaster?
  15. Frosticles

DW9000 Bass Drum Clamp upgrade?

I have an earlier 9000 double pedal & think the Bass Drum Clamp is crap! The later "Tri" Clamp looks much better. Can these be easily swapped over? Have done a quick search but can't find anything. many thanks in advance.
  16. Frosticles

Mapex Saturn identification

Hi there, I have just picked up this Mapex Saturn. It was described as a "Manhattan: Sizes (I think) are 22x20, 10x7(8?), 12x8(9?) & 16x14. Colour is Transparent Walnut. Any idea what year these would be from? Any more info on them? Many thanks In Advance :) s-l1600 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr...
  17. Frosticles

Headset for vocals??

Fed up of banging my teeth on Mic's on a stand. Am looking for headset now to be as unobtrusive as possible & good for the odd squawk from my gob :) Recommendations?
  18. Frosticles

Alesis DM10 = Rubbish..........

Had this horrible thing for 3 years now & have never got anything like a decent sound out of it. Constantly mis-triggers & is generally crap in every way. Anyone else here have anything good to say about this miserable "kit" ?
  19. Frosticles

Scymtek Xtreme Cymbals

Well, I took a punt on a full set of these yesterday (14" Hats, 16,17,18,19" Crash, 22" Ride, 20" China) for the bargain price of £400 including Hardcase. These will be my touring set as I get increasingly paranoid about taking my Zildjians on planes....... Have been trying to find out about...
  20. Frosticles

How many records have you made?

A curious question really. Vinyl, CD etc (Official releases only) Who has done what?