Search results

1. basset52

New "Crosstown" lightweight stands from Yamaha

Our band is back practicing weekly - no marks on mine from loading in and out. I do use the bags that came with them though.
  2. basset52

Hendrix - Fire drum cover

I remember - great job!
  3. basset52

Hendrix - Fire drum cover

Nice - well done, its a busy song!
  4. basset52

Best piece(s) of advice you've gotten from this forum?

There has been a lot of really great advice across a broad range of issues , but the one thing foremost for me is that the trials, tribulations and challenges I face as a drummer are shared by many across the world - I am not alone.
  5. basset52

The Beatles- Music Theory?

Good one John! They had formal training just like "Keef. For anyone interested, the most well known example of a self taught Aboriginal musician ( in Australia at least) Is an Aboriginal bloke Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu. Google him - outstanding.
  6. basset52

The Beatles- Music Theory?

Up until a couple of years ago I visited a remote Aboriginal Community in central outback Australia every few months for 6 years. English is their second and sometimes their 3rd language. I had the priviledge to jam with a lot of the community musicians on occasions , bass, 6 string electric or...
  7. basset52

Non-standard heads for Acrolite

I did exactly what Dirtysticks mentioned a couple of months ago with my Acrolite. Cut the control ring off the bottom of the Genera Dry. Sounds good to my ear.
  8. basset52

My Most Sincere Apologies to All on DW!

I've always believed that making mistakes was part of life - it's what we do about them that counts. Well done Az .
  9. basset52

American football!!!

You could also try Lids or Fanatics.com. I get MLB Merchandise sent to Oz by Lids. They carry NFL Merch as well .
  10. basset52

American football!!!

I've been involved in the game since I was 12 and I'm now 67 and still coaching so I know a bit about the game. Its a minor sport in Australia so I'm in a real minority. There are a lot of complexities in baseball and even I think its a really hard game to understand . This is one of the very...
  11. basset52

American football!!!

I should add - only in relation to this rule.
  12. basset52

American football!!!

The pitchers is excluded from this rule - he/she is not considered to be an " infielder".
  13. basset52

American football!!!

MMm - don't think so. If the batter hits a runner with the ball the runner will be out - providing the ball hasn't passed an infielder. Sorry to be pedantic.
  14. basset52

Question for the People Playing 4 Piece Drum Sets- Sizes

I play 22, 16, 13. I play in a classic rock band and those sizes just match with the style of music IMV. I have always liked 13 “ toms and think the 13 pairs really well with the 16. The 22 gives me enough grunt and is not too cumbersome to lug around.
  15. basset52

What ultimately made you decide on the brand of drums you play?

Nostalgia and emotion really , but with sound quality in there as well. Like others here I grew up in the 60's and all my idols played Ludwig and Gretsch. When I came back to playing after 40 years off, about 5 years ago I played Tama, Yamaha and Tama - all really good kits, nothing wrong with...
  16. basset52

Yamaha Crosstown Lightweight Hardware

I bought a set a few months ago and love them. Would like a lightweight boom stand someday - maybe DW ultralight/ I wonder why Yamaha don't make one. There is a thread on here that describes how the response / tension on the hi hat stand can be adjusted by taking it apart and adding some...
  17. basset52

Hello from Italy!

Hi and Welcome . Hope you are doing well in the current circumstances.
  18. basset52

Leland Sklar....The best ever

I recently stumbled onto Lelands YT channel last week via Rick Beato. I'm addicted. Wonderfully talented and humble man. His session on Steve Porcaro is great.
  19. basset52

My First Booking of the Covid -19 Season

Sorry for your loss , IMV an honour to play for him and his loved ones at his funeral service.
  20. basset52

Puresound Snare wires

I bought a set of Puresound 14 " 20 strand Brass snare wires to try them. I notice the end plates are slightly angled so when they sit on the snare head the end of the wires sit slightly raised above the snare head. I note the info from Puresound says this is to prevent the snare wires choking ...