Search results

1. Over50drumguy

Fave Live Albums

The Allman bro’s. Live at Fillmore East. The drums and the music ! Actually almost any Allmans...... live or not . Sevendust Southside Double-Wide . These guys put on one of the best shows I’ve ever seen although I never saw their acoustic show except on video ( but so awesome). This...
  2. Over50drumguy

Favorite piece of gear that's not a drum or cymbal.

I see your dilemma 🤔
  3. Over50drumguy

American football!!!

Soccer ( football) has become pretty big in the U.S . Not so big when I was a kid ( I’m 53 now) but by the time my oldest daughter ( she’s 24 now) ( I have 3) started playing at around 5 , so roughly 20 years ago there were soccer teams in every school and town leagues to join and it seemed like...
  4. Over50drumguy

Favorite piece of gear that's not a drum or cymbal.

For marching in the pipe band it was the padded over the shoulders harness . So much more comfortable and convenient than a sling strap, although I do prefer the look of a sling to a big metal ( although light aluminum) harness . But damn that harness made it feel like there was no drum or...
  5. Over50drumguy

GC Wouldn't Let Me In

I’m only fairly certain of a few things ....... 1. Wear a mask not so much to protect yourself , but to protect others . 2. Who knows what the numbers really are . I’d agree with mountain man that they could be higher maybe ? Maybe not , as states are reporting deaths from covid simply...
  6. Over50drumguy

What's your latest purchase?

Nice 👍🏻. Congrats on the find . 8 years 😳... , but I’m guessing worth the wait . Hope it’s sooner for a 13 for my kit.
  7. Over50drumguy

Tama snare decision.

Correct . I thought originally I’d pick one up the first two weeks I got the kit 2 months ago when I had seen a few on line , but 4 weeks later I couldn’t find ONE on the net. I gave some thought to the matching finish WB then as I thought they’d sound similar but I only heard them online and...
  8. Over50drumguy

Tama snare decision.

Lol! No rabbit holes for me , or $900 snares at this point . Yes I do like a little more fatness in snare tone and although I couldn’t tell much difference from the recorded demos I thought the bb sounded slightly fatter and lower. But like I said I have not heard both in person . Have you owned...
  9. Over50drumguy

Tama snare decision.

I couldn’t tell much difference In sound between the two on video demos either ( I’ve not heard them in person ) so I was leaning toward the bb because the kit is bb . You say get the walnut/birch for uniformity ? You mean the bubinga/birch, yes ? As that’s the kit I have . I think Cb means...
  10. Over50drumguy

Tama snare decision.

So anyone own the 6.5 x 14 Tama starclassic performer BB snare ? Or even the BW snare ?
  11. Over50drumguy

Ever regret buying a drumset?

Ok thanks. I’ve not listened to the 5” so I can’t speak to it’s sound . It was the 6.5x14 I’ve listened to . If Anyone who owns the 6.5 x14 starclassic BB could comment on my “ Tama snare decision “ thread , I’d appreciate it. As to the thread at hand..... I’ve regretted some hardware choices...
  12. Over50drumguy

Wow, that situation DOES stink. But when you sell something it becomes the other persons property🤷🏻‍♂️. He shouldn’t have cared if you made lamps or planters out of em ... there yours ! Unless there was an agreement to sell em back at a certain point , not unlike a pawn shop .
  13. Over50drumguy

I’ve heard the BB and WB demos on YouTube and thought they sounded great ( and not ALL that different) never played either though and was thinking of picking up a matching snare for my BB kit, ( just started a thread about possibly picking one up ) so this is disappointing to hear . Was there...
  14. Over50drumguy

Tama snare decision.

Yup, I hear ya . I have a 68 LM400 and a friend is gifting me a tama star classic birch in natural so I’ll have those . I have also looked used but nothing in my finish . That’s the reason I’m leaning bb , as the new bb’s that are left won’t be around long and when they’re gone , they’re gone...
  15. Over50drumguy

Tama snare decision.

So two months ago I picked up a near new condition Tama starclassic bb 6 piece in molten brown burst. I wanted to pick up a matching snare and I will keep it a matching finish and was going to grab one in bb. But now as happens with some of us , I’m complicating my decision and started thinking...
  16. Over50drumguy

Testing a cymbal in person; Do you stick a finger in your ear?

Only have my phone now so it’s hard to see but I think blue poster above guy in red is Nick Mason , and red poster between his right and to left of guy hitting cymbal is Keith Moon .
  17. Over50drumguy

New drums for quarantine

Love that finish ! Can we expect a video ? Wouldn’t mind hearing those with your head choice .
  18. Over50drumguy

What is YOUR strongest quality or skill-set on the kit?

I knew I kept this for a reason ......😉
  19. Over50drumguy

What is YOUR strongest quality or skill-set on the kit?

I wish ! If only . But I can improve my playing knowledge and technique With practice and build it around my timing 👌🏻. Some might build the other way where there playing and technique is good and then work to improve timing . I kinda wish maybe my playing and technique was better and then work...
  20. Over50drumguy

What's your latest purchase?

Damn you HAVE been busy ! Love those paiste’s .