Search results

1. harryconway

Mounting LP granite blocks to Gibraltar rack

I'd take a mounting plate off a RIMS (or rims type) system, and attach it to the LP bar (using the three upper holes). Then use whatever tom arm and drum mount you choose (hopefully something robust) mounted below it.
  2. harryconway

U.S Riots

Thanks Ben. We're in quarantine, stay-at-home lockdown, curfew here. Pasadena, overlooking L.A.
  3. harryconway

Who has a centered cable hat setup?

Yes. RLRL totally possible. Since the hats are essentially equidistant in relationship to both hands and the snare. Only difference is the direction of travel. You do it for a few days, and you'll probably fall right into it.
  4. harryconway

I follow Louie Palmer ..... you might wanna check him out here.
  5. harryconway

To add a little more info .... Danny uses the "original" WD-1. Came out around 1994. Find one today, they're around $2K. Weren't very popular when they first came out. Took about 10 years for people to "catch on" ..... and finally Korg came out with the newer version around 2010. I've got...
  6. harryconway

Danny Carey mounts his above his toms, which might move the hats too far away from where you want. But it's an option. There's almost always a trade off, somewhere.
  7. harryconway

I use a DW9550 (shaft drive hi hat) and only a single kick .... but the placement is there. With two bass drums ..... yeah, cable would be the way to go.
  8. harryconway

Hello Everyone!

I'll second that !!!
  9. harryconway

3up 3down questions

Well, you'll have the 14 and 16 floors to play with. You'll probably figure out pretty easy, if the 18 will be reachable for you, either on the left, or right. And if you own a kit already, you can always use that floor tom .... as a mock-up.
  10. harryconway

GC Wouldn't Let Me In

My old bass player's band gigged last weekend in Prescott. Video looked like a packed house. No social distancing. No face masks. The human experiment on display.
  11. harryconway

GC Wouldn't Let Me In

Order from Sweetwater. Direct or thru eBay. They send you candy with every purchase.
  12. harryconway

Show us your storage solutions

MIC DROP !!!!
  13. harryconway

3up 3down questions

When I think 3 floor toms, I always think Tony Williams. I had a 24x14 Ludwig with 14x14, 16x16, 18x16 floors, for a while. I was using a center pedal (Sleishman) that moved the bass drum to my left, and thereby I was able to move all the floors more forward. Easy reach, for me. I also set...
  14. harryconway

Ludwig Legacy Mahogany

That sounds reasonable. End of a NAMM show, a lot of the floor models get sold off. More cost effective to sell then and there, than pack everything up, ship it back to the factory (or distribution warehouse) .... only to sell it off later. Less mass mounted to the shell. There are some that...
  15. harryconway

Ludwig Legacy Mahogany

That would be my guess. The "Van Buren" drums have wood hoops on the toms, as well, and specific badges. These look to be the same color/stain, but differ with the rims, badges, lugs, and configuration. Still, gorgeous kit. And the Legacy Mahogany shells sound killer. Van Buren info here...
  16. harryconway

New drums for quarantine

I certainly understand that !!!
  17. harryconway

New drums for quarantine

No more Reference kit?
  18. harryconway

Ludwig Legacy Mahogany

Yes. Nice drums.
  19. harryconway

Can electronic drums be plugged into a Loop pedal?

If you mean sending your drum module output line into a loop pedal, yes, you can do that.