Search results

1. Juniper

GC Wouldn't Let Me In

Probably due to Arizona state's low population, per square mile.
  2. Juniper

GC Wouldn't Let Me In

One of the key points of this whole thing is you’re being asked to be responsible to protect not only yourself but also other people. The latter of which a some people sometimes forget or just don’t see.
  3. Juniper

How to become a more musical drummer

Listen to the song Serve the song
  4. Juniper

What do you hear when it's silent?

I don't have tinnitus as I've used hearing protection where possible, for a long time. For anyone reading this that isn't affected that hasn't done so yet I'd implore you to buy some. It's really not worth leaving it to chance. You only get one set of ears.
  5. Juniper

Favorite piece of gear that's not a drum or cymbal.

DW5000 & 5002 pedals Vic Firth American Classic 1A sticks Roc n Soc throne All three of the above are important to me
  6. Juniper

RIP Jimmy Cobb

It’s being reported this morning that unfortunately he has passed away at 91 years of age. I’ll be shortly putting on Kind of Blue in tribute. RIP
  7. Juniper

My First Booking of the Covid -19 Season

Really sorry to hear of your loss and I hope his send off goes well.
  8. Juniper

Reverse Order of Mounted Toms?

I tried a reverse order when going through a Jimmy Chamberlin phase whilst in my teens. He has a 14" rack before his 10" and 12" (I think) Didn't really work for me, soon changed it back to normal and I've never tried it again.
  9. Juniper

New drums for quarantine

Fine looking kit indeed
  10. Juniper

Metronomes!

I use a Korg MA-1BLBK Not expensive and does a job.
  11. Juniper

Pearl vs. DW Drums Which do you prefer?

I really like Pearl, my first kit was a Pearl (I still have it) and I love the Masters Custom series. I also own a DW kit (Collectors Series) and I love it also. DW for me, but both are great drum manufacturers.
  12. Juniper

Appreciation to Alizee Defan for promoting women's drumming

Exactly, play on the same field. But I’d counter that to say it still isn’t a level playing field currently, despite what some would claim. For someone to think it's level is laughable to me, as it clearly isn't. Some examples, look at the line up of a drumming festival/trade show and look at...
  13. Juniper

I do but I don’t see how the behaviour of elderly females (in your opinion, with you not being an elderly woman) has to do with promoting women’s drumming and any sexism female drummers receive.
  14. Juniper

Doing what exact thing better? I’ll be honest I’m not sure on the point you are trying to make.
  15. Juniper

In your opinion, I guess.
  16. Juniper

I always like to hear a woman’s perspective on this personally. The last place I will ever go to get an opinion on the difference in gender equality is a bunch of guys. Thanks for your input, Channing.
  17. Juniper

Radio Sparks - My new bands 2nd Music Video

Enjoyed that, nice song and good driving beat. Video looks good also, kudos on the editing skills.
  18. Juniper

New Drum History Book - worth checking out

Not seen this mentioned on here yet but for those that like to read up on the history of our instrument there's been an impressive & comprehensive book recently published called Kick It - A Social History of the Drum Kit. Comes in at an impressive 320 pages and covers the history over the last...
  19. Juniper

Mahogany vs Maple

I have a Pearl African Mahogany snare and it's similar to Maple, however it does have a darker tone. Not as bright as maple but still warm. The difference isn't massive however.
  20. Juniper

Rocked up AHA

A really well done video, Andy. Impressive. Also, great to see you all making the best out of the current situation.