Search results

1. Hewitt2

Faster bass drum pedal

Paraphrasing from the maestro Thomas Lang: replace that time spent adjusting your pedal's settings with playing on the pedal! :)
  2. Hewitt2

What is your workhorse snare from your collection?

5.5 x 14 Slingerland Artist single ply maple from early 60s. Killer on funk and groove oriented music. Rim shots to die for.
  3. Hewitt2

Who are the top three drummers you admire and why ?

that’s right - zig’s got that new orleans feel. super hard to make it feel just right
  4. Hewitt2

Most influential drummers of the past 20 years?

It's funny that with all going on in the world right now, these discussions STILL cause some to lose their marbles. :)
  5. Hewitt2

COVID 19 Nurses Perspective PLEASE READ

Makes you re-think what really is an "essential service" and if working people are fairly paid in recognition of that, given the risks they are taking.
  6. Hewitt2

Its fun to argue lists and names. These conversations just go the wrong way when people forget that our personal beliefs/biases/perspectives very much determine who we think stand out. So long as we recognize the inherent limitations of these discussions, we are good. It also bums me out when...
  7. Hewitt2

"Questlove is an average drummer to say the least." I'm not sure what you've listened to but he pretty much defined breakbeat drumming. He played on and produced seminal albums like D'Angelo's Voodoo. He is most definitely not an average drummer.
  8. Hewitt2

Nice list. A few more: - Aaron Spears. Credited with being one of the first to bring the "gospel chops" approach to the masses - Matt Garstka. Pushing the boundaries of uber-technical metal/progressive drumming and insane odd-time signatures
  9. Hewitt2

Who are the top three drummers you admire and why ?

Phil Collins Zigaboo Modeliste Dennis Chambers Groove monsters that swing hard. Their creativity raises the quality of the songs they are on. Honourable mention to the drummers of James Brown
  10. Hewitt2

It's All in the Wrists, Bonham Fans!

Ah you see you responded before I had a chance to edit my post. Didn’t want to imply that one was better than the other - glad you see it the same way. (y) Edited my post to clarify it is just a reflection of the fan base
  11. Hewitt2

It's All in the Wrists, Bonham Fans!

what? I don’t think fans were going to police concerts and air drumming copeland’s parts. Rush fans are as rabid and obsessive as they come. For sure Copeland is irreplaceable but Peart is on another level given the meticulousness of the fan base.
  12. Hewitt2

Igoe 14-day Challenge

Yes the singles grid is really interesting. Reminds me of a more condensed version of the stone killers.
  13. Hewitt2

Igoe 14-day Challenge

me too - the three warm-ups per day are awesome. Try to mix it up a bit too with feet and move accents around to increase the level of difficulty
  14. Hewitt2

Long lasting changes because of the Coronavirus

You know there is a depressingly high number of people around the world who think exactly that way and don't see it as irony, right? :)
  15. Hewitt2

Yeah, I think businesses will understand how imperative it is to have robust business continuity plans in place. So easy to push aside when the focus is on revenues/sales. Having larger numbers of employees fully remote workplace enabled is no longer just a nice to have.
  16. Hewitt2

Millennials or generation z? I think millennials tend to be a little further along the curve when making big purchases like cars or mattresses
  17. Hewitt2

I would think cruises would go the way of the dodo bird as a result of the virus. Floating bacteria farms and terrible for the environment.
  18. Hewitt2

Increased environmental awareness - small changes make a big difference when spread out across 5 billion+ people. Similarly, maintaining a respectful distance between civilization and wildlife and understanding the health risks that occur when they are mushed together.
  19. Hewitt2

Best Approach to re-build kit

I don’t think I ever updated this thread with photos of the finished product . So here it is!
  20. Hewitt2

Igoe 14-day Challenge

Any of you doing it? I did day 1 yesterday and watched his livestream via Instagram. If you missed it he left it up on his feed. Each day has its own assignment with a daily requirement to do the lifetime warm-up 3X daily at slow/middle/fast tempos. Looks like the lessons are structured so that...