Search results

1. Bo Eder

Quarantine video - doing my best Jeff Porcaro (or not?)

I corrected above 🤦‍♀️
  2. Bo Eder

Single Pedal

Oddly enough, mostly all of the pedals I've played (and I think I've tried them all by now) feel the same. They are all based on the old Camco/Gretsch design from the 50s/60s. You could argue the Ludwig Speed King does feel and handle differently (this is where the direct drive devotees would...
  3. Bo Eder

My bad! Shannon Forrest! He’s one of those first-call guys in Nashville.
  4. Bo Eder

Thanks! Been working on this groove for 30 years. Now I need a band to play it with!
  5. Bo Eder

Sorry I’ll post a proper demo next. It’s not like I have to be at work or anything 😷
  6. Bo Eder

That’s Shannon Larkin! Monster session guy from Tennessee. He’s playing for Toto now and another of my favorites (he’s now a Pearl artist too)!
  7. Bo Eder

Got my wood hooped Pearls together for a video (8x12/16x16/16x22) and plugged a Shure Beta 52 (bass drum) and a AKG C214 (overhead) into my Zoom Q8 video recorder. I hope I'm doing Jeff justice!
  8. Bo Eder

Another quarantine project

Well, I don’t actually love them. I just started collecting orphans shells one year and now with all this time off I’m doing stuff with them. I may keep these like this for a while. But I have a beautiful Reference kit I love, but not all gigs warrant their usage. In regards to these hoops I...
  9. Bo Eder

It's All in the Wrists, Bonham Fans!

Well, not really.
  10. Bo Eder

Who are the top three drummers you admire and why ?

Tough question because there's so many! It's hard to nail it down to just three of them. I'm not even gonna try because all I do is attempt to emulate the masters, and there are lots of them!
  11. Bo Eder

We may never see Rush go out with someone else, and imagine if the Police had someone other than Copeland? I thought Toto shouldn't have replaced Jeff, but when they came out with Simon (who is on the other side of the spectrum), they became a slightly different band, which was cool. And now...
  12. Bo Eder

I don't want to piss off my nieghbors

I'm in a house, and my neighbors have told me they don't mind me playing. Maybe in this crisis, your neighbors wouldn't mind either. If everyone is sheltering in place, having the day broken up by hearing some drumming might be welcomed. Maybe you can talk to them about it from 6-feet away...
  13. Bo Eder

I need a stick bag...suggestions, please?

Go to your local shop and see what they have. All the designs are about the same, you just have to find one you like. I myself have a Reunion Blues all-leather stick bag that I paid $100 for about 30 years ago now. That and their 22" leather cymbal bag were the best investments I ever made...
  14. Bo Eder

I tend to leave Zeppelin where it is. So I don't really entertain thoughts on who would be a good replacement for John Bonham. Although I think back in my youth I would've thought Carmine Appice would be a good choice - they both came up in the same era, and even played the same drums then...
  15. Bo Eder

Another quarantine project

Thanks to having all this time on my hands to hang out in the house, I'm getting intimately familiar with what I have in my garage. I've been inventorying what parts I have and finding things in boxes from our move to the new place almost a year ago now (funny how having a full time job makes...
  16. Bo Eder

What famous drum or drum set would you like to play in person?

I would’ve loved to play one of Billy Gladstone’s original Gladstone snare drums.
  17. Bo Eder

Export make-over!

It’s the “Ocean Blue” finish. In darker light it becomes black, then when you light it, the blue comes out. Most of the time it looks dark grey. It’s weird. I did give it a good cleaning and it has its share of scuffs and scratches from 30 years, but it’ll be a great loaner kit.
  18. Bo Eder

Export make-over!

Sorry for the indefinite layoff! The snare I have has a nice bed cut into it. I wonder if that’s what the Midtown snare needs?
  19. Bo Eder

Export make-over!

Thanks. I get that people like what they like, but in this case, I like to see more shell. Maybe one day I’ll go through and replace all the lug inserts (I’ve kept all the long lugs) if I want to sell it as original, but that’ll be later. Removing and replacing 56 lugs was a big enough job...
  20. Bo Eder

Export make-over!

The snare is a newer “Limited Edition”, which seems exactly like the stock Vision snares. They sell new for about $100 on eBay. Upon inspection, they cut a really nice bed into it and with proper heads and wires it sounds great. I’ve been calling it the woody Acrolite. So you could say I...