Search results

1. C

Unwanted Ghostnotes on Kickdrum

When i was younger i remember my drumset being much more comfortable. Ive had nothing but problems with the kit i have between sticks hitting my legs, or when running the hhat my wrists are fighting for the same airspace. Im sure my setup is wayyyy screwed up... I feel stupid half the time...
  2. C

I think ankle infexibility is playing a major role in my issue. Thanks for the suggestions! Ill see what i can do
  3. C

Following that, i decided to record another clip to see what my "technique" is. I found that my ankle is reallly high. Maybe thats my problem? Ill work on lowering that.
  4. C

I do notice that when i attempt to hold the beater down, that my calf muscle starts twitching. This causes a lot of the bumps. Also i seem to hold just enough pressure to keep the beater just at the drumhead. Not enough to hold it down, and now light enough to let it come back. Perhaps this...
  5. C

Well i know the drumhead is very tight. Ill give that a shot
  6. C

Hi there, I have uploaded a short clip to youtube: . As you can see, when trying to do basic strokes, i get a bouncing sometimes after the main hit, sometimes on the upstroke. Occasionally my leg will just bounce. I dont have this problem if i am going full power and just stomping on the drum...