Search results

1. BramVanroy

YOU can help me win the Surface Pro 3!! (And yes, I will use it for drum stuff!)

Hi guys! I have just returned from a press event in Brussels. Microsoft had an introductory event of the Surface Pro 3 in Belgium, and press was invited. I am lucky enough to be press (mobielinformatie.com) so I could attend the event (which allowed me to briefly test the device, drink wine and...
  2. BramVanroy

Looking for feedback before posting a video (Dream Theater)

Hello I am looking to post a drum cover of DT's Hell's Kitchen, but before I am going to do that I am looking for some feedback on my overall playing of the song. I found a drumless version, so all the drumming is my own. You can listen to my rendition here. Drumming starts at 0.35. I am...
  3. BramVanroy

Our own creation. (mixture of all kinds of percussion)

Hello there. Most of you know me as a guy who posts drum covers. Today, however, I'm here to present something completely different. As I've said a dozen times before, I have been following drumming classes for more than a decade, and we also have additional classes called something like...
  4. BramVanroy

Is this a normal feeling?

(No, this topic is not about a teenager finding out about his or her genitals.) I have been playing the drums for 13-15 years or so now. Which means: following lessons for that long. First I followed classical percussion and drumming (snaredrums theory, "standard" non-shuffle genres, but also a...
  5. BramVanroy

Too much snare reverb

So I have been playing an electronic kit for about four to five years now and so I haven't had the need to tune many drum sets (only occasionally when helping a band out when their drummer was ill/absent). But now I am playing in a band. We rent a room where we can rehearse and a drum set is...
  6. BramVanroy

Coverception

A cover of a cover this time. Hope you enjoy. The cover band is called Dirty Loops. Check them out! If you want, you can like my Facebook page (it keeps me motivated).
  7. BramVanroy

The definition of a "good drummer"

After being sent this clip on YouTube I had a discussion with some people I know (that do not play drums) and with some people on the Internet (that do not play drums as far as I know). They argued (and persistently asked for my acknowledgement) that this guy "must be the best drummer I have...
  8. BramVanroy

Hum Hallelujah - Fall Out Boy - Drum Cover

It's been a while since I have been active here, and since I posted some work of mine. So here goes. I am back! This is the first drum cover of the new "Broken" series. "Broken" denotes the state my current set-up is in. My sticks seem to break every few weeks, the drum heads are ripped apart...
  9. BramVanroy

Broken / malfunctioning triggers on TD9KX

Hello I am playing a Roland TD9KX which is about four to five years old. A great drumset, but I am encountering some very frustrating behaviour: sometimes the hi-hat sound does not trigger. Especially the "top" does not trigger, the edge works most of the time. The bell does not seem to...
  10. BramVanroy

Fill-ins with bass drum technique. Book suggestions

As the title says, I am looking for books and exercises that help me mix my bassdrum better in my fill-ins. Looking for Aaron Spears kinda stuff. Can anyone give book suggestions? I have been drumming (educationally) for more than ten years, so it rather advanced books should be fine, I have...
  11. BramVanroy

Who of you can figure out this quite simple fill?

Normally I'm quite good at figuring out what someone plays. But in this case, no matter what I try to play it just doesn't seem quite right. It's the fill on 2.21 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCUSMlrFOPg Sounds like 32nd notes, but no matter how I group them, it just doesn't sound right...
  12. BramVanroy

Drumming mats

Hello I am looking to buy a TDM-20 mat for my Roland TD9. The question that I have is, are those mats meant to "screw" your pedals in? I don't know how to properly put this in English, so sorry for that. Most pedals (hi-hat, BD) have screws that can prevent it from slipping. I am wondering...
  13. BramVanroy

It's been a while. Be happy!

Hi guys! First of, sorry for begin inactive for the last couple of weeks. Some personal stuff going on and exams coming up. I needed to get a break from all this so I listened to the radio and this song came up! It really made me feel happy, so I hope it makes you guys happy as well. I then...
  14. BramVanroy

Looking for transportation (soft) case V-drums

I currently own a TD9-kx (standard config) and I'm looking for some transportation possibilities that will not damage the hardware. I've looked into Roland's own SC02-V/SC01-V but they are not making these anymore?! Any one has any experience with some good transportation ways? Not looking for...
  15. BramVanroy

Improvising over a funky/poppy mix by Ultimate C

Hello I have come to realise that bringing covers isn't really something that is looked up to. This doesn't mean that I will stop brining covers (that's what I like to do). Some of you guys might even like them. But this post is different. As I have said already (in another post) I don't do...
  16. BramVanroy

Moongel vs dampening rings

What are your pros and cons for moongel and dampening rings? At first I used nothing, but I really needed some dampening (also caused by the room I played in), then I got myself moongels. At first they were great, I thought, but after some testing and a couple of months of playing I didn't like...
  17. BramVanroy

Ever been so mad?

Video related. Have you ever been so mad ... you threw away your drum sticks and started whistling for no reason whatsoever? I have. It had been a hot, tiresome day and recording didn't go the way I had hoped. Sometimes it's good to take a break, reflect on what you have done and what went...
  18. BramVanroy

Internet-only collab! - Blur - Song 2

Hello! I'll just quote from the video description. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZaw1Ji8TBc Recently some guys over at Fundalize.com and myself decided that it would be nice to do a collab in terms of covers. The idea behind this "Fundalizeband" is that any musical member of Fundalize can...
  19. BramVanroy

Percussion ensemble recordings

Hello As some of you may know, I am a member of our local percussion ensemble. We consist of a variety of people (from the age of 12 up to my own age) and boys as well as girls. Some of us aren't even percussionists! We have a pianist, a saxophone player and a bass player in there as well! Here...
  20. BramVanroy

ASL?

Because I'm very new to these forums it's nice to know who I'm getting in contact with. Even though the topic title sounds like I'm a pervert, it summaries very well the questions I mean to ask. Age: Born in the glorious year of 1991 Sex: Male Location: Belgium I have a feeling that most of...