Search results

1. IBitePrettyHard

Help Ordering DW Drums

My advice would be...don't get a 14x12". Every 14x12" I've played has been lacking in the oomph department. Anything shorter than 14x13" sounds just a little thin to me. I like tight snares and articulate toms for that funky sound, but that floor tom needs to have some low end rumble.
  2. IBitePrettyHard

Need an idea of value of this drum set...

If I were you, I'd probably think about framing that drumhead. It's just...beautiful. It would be a nice memento.
  3. IBitePrettyHard

Great Canopus indeed!

You're absolutely right about Canopus. I recently bought a Canopus The Maple snare, and it's my favorite wood snare drum by far. No other wood snare drum sounds better to my ears (except maybe the Zelkova).
  4. IBitePrettyHard

Desperately Seeking Fast Bass Drum Speed!

That's true, but it also improved my playing the next day. So it's not just about being "warmed up" in the moment.
  5. IBitePrettyHard

Desperately Seeking Fast Bass Drum Speed!

Exercising your legs can make a HUGE difference in your kick drum playing. After I go for long walks or a bike ride, my playing is noticeably better. Sometimes I'll go a few weeks without exercise and realize my kick playing isn't as effortless as it should be. Then I take my dogs on a...
  6. IBitePrettyHard

Molecules Acrylic bass drum

I think Peavey was onto something with the Radials. Everyone agrees they look ridiculous. But I think it's safe to say they sound incredible. Shleishmans have a similar design and sound incredible as well. It's a shame this style of shell hasn't caught on because they have such a rich and...
  7. IBitePrettyHard

Matt Garstka Moves To DW

This is big news to drum nerds like us. It's our way of gossiping about drummers. Some people talk about the Kardashians. We talk about Vinnie kicking Ludwig to the curb.
  8. IBitePrettyHard

PDP Concept Maple v Gretsch Catalina Maple v Pearl Decade Maple v Mapex Armory

After several years of developing my listening skills in regard to drum demos, I've concluded that the Catalina Maple sounds the best, followed very closely by the Mapex Armory. They have the cleanest tone, and a fast and clear attack, without all the extra muddiness and overtones. The only...
  9. IBitePrettyHard

Question about metal snares

A quick google search leads me to believe that the Canopus The Bronze snare is not seamless. Cuz if it was, they'd be advertising it as such. But don't let that put you off from a Canopus snare. I love my The Maple snare. Pure quality and class. Off the top of my head, my favorite (the best...
  10. IBitePrettyHard

Mapex Orion vs Gretsch Renown

It's not really an apples-to-apples comparison, given the difference in sizes. But I'd still go with the Renown! The Orion has some issues. The rack toms are too deep. Both floor toms are mounted, which means they'll sag, which can be really annoying.
  11. IBitePrettyHard

My wish list, an 8 lug version of a LM402 in 2022

Maybe I'm in the minority, but wanting an 8-lug version of a 10-lug snare doesn't make sense to me. Who looks at a snare and says "I want less focus and more overtones!" (Particularly with legendary snares like the Black Beauty and Supra, which have a proven track record of sounding great...
  12. IBitePrettyHard

The best bass drum sound!

This one sounds good too...
  13. IBitePrettyHard

The best bass drum sound!

I love the way this kick sounds. He's a fantastic player too. Some of that sound is from his technique of keeping the beater off the head.
  14. IBitePrettyHard

Gun holsters

.22s can be quite fun for target practice. My brother has a Ruger .22 with a suppressor. It took him almost a year to get the permit for it. They make you jump through hoops to get a suppressor in Virginia. He even outfitted it with a 3 lb trigger pull, which is dangerous if you're not at...
  15. IBitePrettyHard

Gun holsters

We Americans love our guns. I don't see what the big deal is. We have shootouts all the time. I'm flipping a revolver in my hand as we speak.
  16. IBitePrettyHard

If you can only have one Snare drum….

My Fibes 14x5.5" Chrome over Fiberglass (SFT 690). The famous "Buddy Rich" snare. I found this on Reverb in near mint condition, no pitting or anything, which is very rare for this model. The guy I bought it from said it was owned by a wealthy jazz drummer (lol how ironic is that?) who tried...
  17. IBitePrettyHard

New Hi Hat Clutch

By all accounts, the Remo clutch seems to be the most highly regarded for its simplicity and quick release mechanism. I have the new Tama clutch on my Speed Cobra Lever Glide, and it sucks. On paper it should be a perfect clutch, but it's absolutely not. If you like to have your top cymbal...
  18. IBitePrettyHard

Impressive Sounds of Sonor AQ2

THIS is an accurate demo. :)
  19. IBitePrettyHard

Impressive Sounds of Sonor AQ2

Unfortunately, this video has lots of EQ and reverb added to make it sound that way. You're hearing a lot of computer post-processing. Real drums don't sound like that without EQ and reverb....unless you're on stage at the Philharmonic. They just don't. AQ2s still sound really good...