Search results

1. Push pull stroke

Lambs wool cover for Trick beaters?

I really like my Trick pedals, but I do play some very low-volume gigs. Does anyone sell covers that might fit well over the Trick beaters?
  2. Push pull stroke

The importance of being realistic about time frames

I have observed that real, deep improvements in my playing have taken many years, and have often happened so slowly that I didn’t even notice day-to-day (or even week-to-week) progress. Learning a song or a piece of music can happen in just a few days if I’ve got a gig coming up and am really...
  3. Push pull stroke

What is wrong with my Funky Drummer groove?

Something’s wrong around beat 4, but I can’t tell exactly what it is
  4. Push pull stroke

I bet you never heard Purdie SING though

Awesome gig.
  5. Push pull stroke

Drumming and martial arts

Has anyone studied both, and got thoughts about the differences/sameness between them?
  6. Push pull stroke

You need to watch the movie “Soul”

Dude. It’s the first time I’ve been able to pay attention to a movie all the way through in probably 6 or 7 years. Or longer. I even cried. It’s all about a guy and his sort-of-failed music career, and larger soul-purpose stuff. Just...wow.
  7. Push pull stroke

Book Report for xstraightedgex

It’s not perfect, but it’s more or less up to tempo. Lol
  8. Push pull stroke

Anybody play the Sabian Sabor Picante hand cymbals?

I have ordered a 16”, I really like the sound of the 16” and the 18”. I’m planning on using the 16” as a top hihat and crash on low-volume gigs where I play with my hands and brushes.
  9. Push pull stroke

Watching “A Christmas Story” with the kids for their first time

It’s so much fun to be able to introduce them to it.
  10. Push pull stroke

Exercises to help aging drummers carry heavy kits

LOL just thought I’d post this in response to all the threads about lighter kits. But it’s sort of half-serious
  11. Push pull stroke

This drum goes to 11...

So I got a used Oriollo Bellmaker cast bronze 15x6.5 last week, 8 lug with 2.3 mm hoops. It was really super-loud when I got it, so I swapped out the power dot head for a coated Diplomat and the Puresound snares for some Grover cable snares. It still blows me out of the room every time I hit...
  12. Push pull stroke

Does anybody use a tilting hi-hat stand?

I’ve been thinking about getting the Tama Iron Cobra Lever Glide so I can play heel down on the hats without reaching (it can tilt). Any ideas? Are there others that tilt?
  13. Push pull stroke

Why is everything that came from the blues...

...so much more drum-heavy and rhythmic than the blues? Blues drumming is very straight-ahead/simple, with few fills, and is strictly supportive, not the center of attention. But every other musical style that the blues “gave birth” to has more involved/dynamic drumming, with more fills, solos...
  14. Push pull stroke

Is there such a thing as a dry ping ride?

I’m looking for a ride with a clear, high-pitched ping, and very little wash. What wash there is should be mid-range, or mid/high range. Any ideas? Does this even exist in nature? Lol
  15. Push pull stroke

Slow practice really works

So for the last couple months I’ve been playing things like the Morello Stone Killer exercise, the money beat, etc. really, REALLY slowly, with big motions. I raise my arms all the way above my head between notes. I’m usually playing the the Stone Killer about one note=20 bpm. And the money beat...
  16. Push pull stroke

The harmonies of the blues

A really good article Blues harmony/scales
  17. Push pull stroke

Why is “White Marine Pearl” so popular?

Does it show up on any another consumer goods, historically?
  18. Push pull stroke

Who was the first drummer to use a side snare?

Anybody know? I’ve often wished Buddy Rich had used one, I think it would have given him more options since he was SUCH an active player and hit his snare a LOT. It would have been nice to see what he would have done with one.
  19. Push pull stroke

Just ordered Trick Dead Blow Beater

I couldn’t find many reviews online, but I’m really hopeful that this will be a lot of fun to play with. Anybody have any thoughts on these?
  20. Push pull stroke

Metal fans, what do you think of Trolls 2?

The movie that just came out this year, not the one from the 80s.