Phil Collins

heres a thing though, phil collins his voice always sounds like it has some electronic effect on it or other. it doesn't sound organic and human. whatever effect that is only made his voice worse. maybe if he didnt have that on his recordings his voice wouldn't be so bad, i dunno. found the same with peter gabriel as well.
homer simpson episode 6 GIF
:ROFLMAO:

Tony Banks once said in an interview that they used to put Phil’s vocals through some extreme compression/gating (I forget precisely what) but that Phil later learned to sing like that, so that he sounded compressed & gated even when there was no processing on his voice.

:)

heres a thing though, phil collins his voice always sounds like it has some electronic effect on it or other. it doesn't sound organic and human. whatever effect that is only made his voice worse. maybe if he didnt have that on his recordings his voice wouldn't be so bad, i dunno. found the same with peter gabriel as well.
So did pretty much everyone. I think Phil’s voice has moments where it sounds electronic but it never bothered me.

Back