What are the longest drum Sticks?

I really like sticks that are 16.5 to 17 inches long. It's hard to find many sticks that are really long that aren't marching snare tree trunks.

Sadly, the Alex Van Halen stick has gone with Regal Tip (unless someone else picked him up)?

The stick companies list their specs online. I know the Vic Firth Freestyle sticks are 17". The Vic Questlove signature is also 17".

Sadly, the Alex Van Halen stick has gone with Regal Tip (unless someone else picked him up)?

The stick companies list their specs online. I know the Vic Firth Freestyle sticks are 17". The Vic Questlove signature is also 17".

Regal Tip folding up is a real shame. I'm not in the market for another pair of AVH sticks, but I DO really want a pair or two of Chester Thompson's 17" long 1A signature stick. No one else's 1A quite matches Chester's signature specs.

Vic Firth's 7A Concept Freestyle, 17", should fit the bill.

... and my countrymen over at Wincent do them even longer (by a mm):

The Vinnie Paul’s are 16 7/8” but the balance is wonky.
I have one pair of the Regal Tip Quantum 9000’s and they’re 17 1/2” long. Just unuseable for kit work.
Great for practice pad & marching use though.

Hun in China makes some quite long sticks for marching and orchestra. They are fairly expensive even right here, but the good thing is they are customisable so they can be made even longer on demand

Regal Tip Quantum 9000s were the longest you could buy off the shelf. I loved them but had to sand the lacquer off.

The Tommy Aldridge stick is really long too. Never measured them.

The stick I have made is very long. It's like the SImon Phillips stick but thicker and longer. I like a long heavy stick

Back