Foo Fighters Back in 2023 — Who’s the Drummer?

It just occurred to me that the Colortone Emperor heads on some drums may be a nod to Taylor since they’re pink. Weird choice for a snare, but I guess an Ambassador would last 10 minutes.
Seems more purple to me but I'm curious about the snare head. Remo doesn't have a colortone with a dot that I'm aware of so I'm guessing this is a custom head done for him.

I also find it unique he'll switch ride cymbals out for certain songs.

Seems more purple to me but I'm curious about the snare head. Remo doesn't have a colortone with a dot that I'm aware of so I'm guessing this is a custom head done for him.

I imagine it’s not hard to find a few dots at Remo they can slap onto his heads ;)

I forgot who did it, but I read about a guy swapping a ride in the middle of a show when I first got on here a year and a half ago. Seems weird to me but I guess if you want your ride in the same place it makes sense.

So Shane sat in last night and adjusted Josh’s set. Hopefully he asked first. If he didn’t, I wonder if anyone schooled him. Dave schooled him for taking too long.

Could be a Remo Colortone Powerstroke 77, since 2019. 5 mil dot on the underside. Edit: dot is on top!
14533708_800.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed ! That’s gotta be it . And it comes in pink . I think the one on his snare and the others are actually pink just that the lighting makes them look a bit richer and darker

View attachment 134651View attachment 134652
I could see that. A P77 sounds more or less like an Ambassador, with a little muffling applied. I figured he might use an Emperor but I know he likes Ambassadors on snares so a P77 seems logical.

And I still think they’re pink, too ;). Pink makes a lot more sense when Taylor’s last set was pink.

Btw, Josh sure is loyal to his endorsees. He’s been using DW, Paiste and Remo since I’ve heard of him in 96, and rarely if ever used anything else. He confessed to owning an Acro he bought on a whim and loving it, though.

I could see that. A P77 sounds more or less like an Ambassador, with a little muffling applied. I figured he might use an Emperor but I know he likes Ambassadors on snares so a P77 seems logical.

And I still think they’re pink, too ;). Pink makes a lot more sense when Taylor’s last set was pink.

Btw, Josh sure is loyal to his endorsees. He’s been using DW, Paiste and Remo since I’ve heard of him in 96, and rarely if ever used anything else. He confessed to owning an Acro he bought on a whim and loving it, though.

I saw something on the Foo Fighters IG that there were several subtle nods to Taylor in Josh's kit, though I didn't quite catch what they were.

Josh was originally with Zildjian. He switched to Paiste in the mas-exodus of endorsers after Arnamd Zildjian passed away and the daughters took over and apparently ticked off numbers of endorsers (Weckl and Peart went to Sabian, Tommy Aldrige and Josh went to Paiste, among others).

I actually met Josh a few times in the early 90s. Of course, at the time, I had no idea his career was going to end up the way it did. I'm sort of kicking myself now for not connecting with him better at the time. lol

Back