What's your latest purchase?

I found an 8" Zildjian A Fast Splash for $20.
Also.a Gibson hard shell case for an Explorer except it doesn't fit an Explorer. grrr. Maybe it's a 3/4 Explorer case?

Well, just realized today that May is Drums and percussions Month at Long and Mc Quade and thus, you can pay any purchase over 999 CAN$ in 12 months, interest free, so, i asked this one, The mapex Black Panther Predator 14x6" to be sent to my store from another store in the network and i asked the same for a demo, super new, at 10%, for a Mapex Black Panther Cherry Bomb 13x5.5". Both together will be over the limit to get the financing, great.
I have a copper now and I could compare a Cherry Ply with a Cherry Single ply as I have my Indé/Summit 14x6.5.

And finally, I get my first 5.5" snare!!, great, had not a single one and I had only one 6.0, so, killing two birds in one, very happy, being quite close to have all I could dream of:
images.jpegmqdefault.jpgBPCW3550C-NW-large.jpg

Just got them today, the transfer was super fast, real pictures at home:
IMG_0104-1 2.JPGIMG_0105-1.JPGIMG_0106-1.JPGIMG_0107-1.JPGIMG_0101.JPGIMG_0102.JPGIMG_0103.JPG

Something about hoops that look so cool. 👌
What do you mean? is there something wrong with the hoops?Because for the Cherry, I had a hard time tuning the 13", maybe I'm not good with 13" but the thread of 3 or 4 lugs were very sticky, like if the thread was damaged or if they had put some glue at the end of the rod...so, tough to do a finger tight to start with and in fact, the head was not seated properly, one side was way more down, the hoop I mean, compared to the other one, so, I had to restart from scratch and start with the rod barely touching the hoop on some and others with finger tight...But I did it, now it's great but, could it be that the rod were put not aligned and then damaged?
Is there a way to see that? I looked at the thread and didn't see that much but I have never paid attention to that, first time i had to remove completely the rod to make the hoop free.
But for the copper, super easy like usual so, a bit disappointed for the Cherry, not the sound but how it was badly tuned and not ready to be played, not used to it with the Mapex Black Panther. OK, I think the Cherry was a demo or rental for one time, so, maybe the guy didn,t do a tuning properly, should I go to the store and ask them?

What do you mean? is there something wrong with the hoops?Because for the Cherry, I had a hard time tuning the 13", maybe I'm not good with 13" but the thread of 3 or 4 lugs were very sticky, like if the thread was damaged or if they had put some glue at the end of the rod...so, tough to do a finger tight to start with and in fact, the head was not seated properly, one side was way more down, the hoop I mean, compared to the other one, so, I had to restart from scratch and start with the rod barely touching the hoop on some and others with finger tight...But I did it, now it's great but, could it be that the rod were put not aligned and then damaged?
Is there a way to see that? I looked at the thread and didn't see that much but I have never paid attention to that, first time i had to remove completely the rod to make the hoop free.
But for the copper, super easy like usual so, a bit disappointed for the Cherry, not the sound but how it was badly tuned and not ready to be played, not used to it with the Mapex Black Panther. OK, I think the Cherry was a demo or rental for one time, so, maybe the guy didn,t do a tuning properly, should I go to the store and ask them?
I mean, I like the look of S-hoops (but I have no idea how the shape/design affects the sound).

Do you lubricate your tension rods? I use one drop of 20W motor oil on each rod. It helps smooth the threading process, but it doesn’t make them spin in & out of the lug.

I mean, I like the look of S-hoops (but I have no idea how the shape/design affects the sound).

Do you lubricate your tension rods? I use one drop of 20W motor oil on each rod. It helps smooth the threading process, but it doesn’t make them spin in & out of the lug.
I'Ve never done that, ok, I will try that but the difference in some lugs that was easily moving with fingers and some with only a key and even the first turns surprised me.

I'Ve never done that, ok, I will try that but the difference in some lugs that was easily moving with fingers and some with only a key and even the first turns surprised me.
Take a close look (ie., magnified) at the sticky rod/lug and make sure there's no burr or impediment to the threads.

I found a snare on Reverb that always intrigued me since they were released in 2012 . I am a huge WW2 enthusiast so when Premier drums introduced the Aviation series of snares my interest was immediately piqued . Keith Keough of British Drum Company fame was building and designing the British made lines for Premier at the time . The drums came in three models :
Hurricane - 14 x 5.75”
Spitfire - 14 x 6.25”
Lancaster - 14 x 7.5”

All three have the same shell - 23 plies !!
Inner and outer plies of Georgian Oak and 21 middle plies of Scandanavian Birch .

I found the Hurricane model in dead mint I condition and it should arrive Monday . I will post pics when it arrives .

Ho my God!!! I received the pictures from Gary from Summit Drums about my Second Purpleheart (First one with black hardware from Scotter540 on DFO, well, from Gary originally) in 14X6.25 (The "Scotter540's one was 14X6.5") and it's awesome, I can't believe it!!
He had started it quite a long time ago, maybe in December but i was not in a hurry and bought two "ready to ship" snares form him in the meantime so, this one will ship tomorrow, I can't believe I'm at 5 Snares/6 shelves with him including the INDé Cherry which has a Summit shelf:

So, Purpleheart 14X6.25, Brass colour hardware.
IMG_9793.jpegIMG_9947.jpegIMG_9948.jpegIMG_9949.jpegIMG_9950.jpegIMG_9951.jpegIMG_9952.jpegIMG_9953.jpegIMG_9954.jpegIMG_9955.jpeg

Regretted selling my first one so I added this back to my setup today. Ludwig Supraphonic

And sweetwater dropping the price by 50 dollars made it nice.

FE16EDBC-E2D7-45AC-83FB-8301E2854578.jpeg

Back