Gianluca Pellerito

I have a degree in music performance. How many of you critics can even read music? No offense, guys, I’ve got nothing to prove to any of you. I know what I can and can’t do. I see no point in posting a video of an unknown player who is nowhere near what the best in the industry can do. So I offered my honest opinion. *shrug*

Look, nobody had any mercy on my playing when I was in school. Not one bit. Any ability I had to get my feelings hurt about my playing was burned away by microscopic analysis and merciless ongoing critique. I may not have the facility around the kit this kid does, but my sense of time, my ear, and my work ethic are...impeccable. It doesn’t matter what he can do. I can get there with practice.

I’m still just confused why it was posted. What’s remarkable here? Johnny Rabb, Jojo, Vinnie, Carter, Dennis Chambers....all these guys are hugely better.

And what difference does it make if I’m full of it or not? Find something better to do. I’m busy raising two toddlers and working 50 hours a week, and practicing when I’ve got time and energy. LOL IDGAF what any of you think. No offense.

..I have a degree in music performance. How many of you critics can even read music? No offense, guys..

..I’m still just confused why it was posted. What’s remarkable here?..Dennis Chambers..all these guys are hugely better..

..No offense..

Also no offense, but Dennis Chambers can't read music as far as i know, unless he maybe learned that recently..

Those legendary drumparts that we all know from him are played with his ears, not his eyes..

Also no offense, but Dennis Chambers can't read music as far as i know, unless he maybe learned that recently..

Those legendary drumparts that we all know from him are played with his ears, not his eyes..

Neither could Buddy Rich. Gone are the days where you can get a music career without that ability, though.

I will freely admit the kid in the video can probably read drum charts better than me. OTOH, I’m a pretty good mallet player and sightreader, and the same for timpani and concert snare.

But the question remains. How many of you can read music? Since you’re going to talk crap about me, I mean. LOL

The OP asked, Have y'all seen this dude. Keep your comments there, and skip the personal attacks. Thank you.

I will not edit my posts, but i kinda regret every 'criticism' that i wrote about this guy, because the guy is just an amazing player..

Like this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-whiWzlTSFM

Look how much fun this kid is having in this video! Super impressive. My hat's off to him and I hope others can have the same supportive attitude, well that's what I'm used to with my drummer buddies in real life, you know, face-to-face actually hanging out.

I think the kid is good. Great chops. He reminds me a lot of many drummers I've seen in my lifetime. He's a musician. There's attitude involved, ego. We don't HAVE to sit like zombies and play. I was in high school in the 80's--THIS GUY WAS EVERYWHERE, LOL--attitude, hair flipping, etc. Just pay attention to his playing, he's good.

A display of monster chops, but can he play a slow blues at 55 BPM in straight time? No thanks. Just not the kind of drumming I care for.

Last edited:
Well, what can I say.

This dude is just simply un-be-leev-able.

Some people are just so natural and technical on the drums...... he's one of them.

He's obviously put in some serious work to get to this stage.

Way outta my league........far out.

I actually kinda really liked his stuff.

He is great!

That was really accomplished...yet follow-able for me

Some stuff from others is so far over my head, that it's not enjoyable for me because I'm lost lol

This guy is right at the edge of my understanding. It was enjoyable

Very fluid. "Keith said he plays too many notes." and maybe......just maybe.....he does!......Harvey Mason would be nice for this tune.
Impressive Chops by this guy.

I really like this busy genre -he sounds great to me. I like how he grooves on hats and accents- if he hadn’t touched a crash or tom it would still sound great.

Back