Trying out the No Nuts!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
So these have been out for a few years now but I decided to try them after removing the top felt and wing nut from my cymbal stands and they’re a brilliant idea I thought I’d share in case anyone didn’t know what they are.

The No Nuts cymbal sleeve is basically a sleeve that replaces ALL of the stuff you normally have on a cymbal stand to mount your cymbals. You remove everything, then screw on the sleeves, put a felt on there (I believe some people have tried them without felts and have gotten good results), then drop your cymbal on top.

They’re pretty permanent once you get them on (my Yamaha stands are a little thicker than other stands). I had to use some Herculean effort to get the sleeves on, and the nice thing is they’re a bit fatter so when I put the Yamaha felt back on, it was tight enough that it wouldn’t come off. So if I gig with them, I don’t have to worry about the felts coming off when I break down to case everything up.

The cymbal is allowed complete freedom of movement. Check out NoNutsPercussion.com if you’d like to try them out - they come in packs of three so I got two packs - one for my home hardware, one set for my traveling hardware. Ingenious!

689E8219-49CA-4F97-A13F-683CF511AFCD.jpegAC07C137-1D74-4C4D-960E-0C0E6E863A9F.jpegCA6E81DD-3690-4963-B3F2-86C532A3DAD2.jpeg

Though I am a very new drummer, I will share that I really like these cymbals sleeves. I also bought a set of their Cymrings and use them instead of felts, though I switched back to felts for my hi hats.

Great product and seems like a great company!

I always thought these were a good idea. I dig my cympads, and the slight muting they provide for recording. I always thought these would be nice for doing shows. I was spammed so badly on Facebook by this company that it majorly turned me off. I don’t mind an inquiry or ad here and there, but I finally had to say something about receiving messages nearly everyday from these guys trying to get me to buy their product. They were new when that happened, and I get they were trying to get their product out there, but they got my account from a public group, and then messaged me so much that I had to say something. Needless to say, I never bought the product, even after they offered 2 for the price of 1 after I complained.

I like- once stand tilter is set- using top wing, washer and felt to dial in incrementally the cymbal angle- even further . It gets in-between what stand tilter can. 50 Shades of Tilt.
Also loosening/tightening top Felt , wing and washer' adjusts overall sway.
50 Shades of sway
So I wouldn't want to eliminate top hardware =/-
only advantage I'd see is you can get every millimeter of Cup.
50 Shades of,
I've done it before with auto vacuum hose slid over stem and nothing else On top
Then one night on stage the cymbal slid right off the stand onto and into my lap
so 50 shades of no not ever again in this lifetime

Last edited:
I like- once stand tilter is set- using top wing, washer and felt to dial in incrementally the cymbal angle- even further . It gets in-between what stand tilter can't. 50 Shades of Tilt.
Also loosening/tightening top Felt , wing and washer' adjusts sway.
Shades of sway
So I wouldn't want to eliminate top hardware =/-
I hear you. These wouldn’t really work for people who do a lot of tilting. My set up the cymbals are fairly flat like the old big band days. But if I decided to set up a big kit with a lot of toms, that would mean boom stands to angle cymbals at which point I’d use traditional wing nuts. But for now, these are making life much easier. It saves me a few minutes on either end not having to unscrew and screw in wing nuts.

Reactions: jda
yea I know that's such ; ) a tedious job ; ) ( I like it myself (!! lol

3/8" (or 5/16" can't remember Auto vacuum hose slid over - with or without 'top hardware- stem is on most many of my stands -as the 'middle' buffer. Lasts forever or 20 yrs whichever comes first)

Same. I’ve been using sleeves without wingnuts for over a decade and I’ve never had any issues with them with cymbals falling off.

Granted I don’t tilt my cymbals a great deal though.

Much less faff without wingnuts and less small items to try and find in (often) dark venues during setup.

Recently added foam-like ‘Chromatic’ Cympads to the sleeves to replace felts. Much better, as they seem to keep their shapes well in the sleeves.

0E706E5B-86A3-4B83-ACDB-AF1147DD4D56.jpeg

I carry a couple of these in my stick bag just in case I'm presented with a backline kit which is missing sleeves or felts. It happens a lot as many of us can attest to.

My former girlfriend is a No Nuts endorser. She turned me onto them. Great girl, great product.

Last edited:
I carry a couple of these in my stick bag just in case I'm presented with a backline kit which is missing sleeves or felts. It happens a lot as many of us can attest to.

My former girlfriend is a No Nuts endorser. She turned me onto them. Great girl, great product.
It took a lot of muscle for me to get these on my Yamaha stands (maybe the Yamahas are fatter than normal) and they’ll only
Come off if I cut them off now. I doubt I’ll be carrying them to use on other stands - they get the cheap stuff that I can slip on and off!

Oooo I like them. Simple. Sacrifices no bell real estate. No scratch plastic. It looks like they should last a long time.

I tried them when they first came out and did not like them. They're very difficult to get on and off the stand, which especially made them a no-go for backline kits. I much prefer using the Gibraltar extended sleeves with a Camber t-top or Cardinal Percussion cymbal snap (the Maxwell -- previously Billdidit -- cymbal toppers are nice, too).
Agreed. These are not for on-off applications. Once on, I’m not taking them off. So for my personal stuff they’re perfect. If I have to play somebody’s backline, I’ll have some cheap sleeves if I need them, or else they’re providing cymbals too 😉

I've been playing topless for years and have never had an issue. Of course, those Yamaha stands have some pretty tall tips.
20230115_114757.jpg

Back