When a Band Member Passes Away

JoeVermont

Two weeks ago, a group I am in lost one of our two guitar players. I had known Mick since the early 80's when he filled in for our bass player in a different band. He had been battling illness for a while and had to miss all of last summer. Still, it's very weird, and incredibly sad knowing he won't be back. We just had our first rehearsal since his passing and we deliberately played a bunch of his songs - many of which we'll attempt keep in the playlist. I say "Attempt" because he could do this bad-ass finger picking / flat picking combo thing that will be irreplaceable. When a band is together for decades and you play hundreds of gigs with a person, they become your friend. Rest in peace, buddy.
324103218_1122729948393242_706215607450927306_n.jpg

I’m sorry to hear this.

I lost a bandmate back in 2020 and I still miss and think of her most days, even now.

Although his passing will leave a void he’ll continue to live on through you all by the memories you all created together.

we lost our trumpet player this past summer suddenly. He was around 70, but seemed to be in fine health. He did have a liking for chilli dogs....but it was weird. We said "good bye" after the last gig, and then summer passed and he was gone.

My condolences as well to you all!!

Condolences.

we lost our trumpet player this past summer suddenly. He was around 70, but seemed to be in fine health. He did have a liking for chilli dogs....but it was weird. We said "good bye" after the last gig, and then summer passed and he was gone.

My condolences as well to you all!!
My condolences to you and your bandmates.

So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. His family and friends will be in my prayers.

Back