Latest Purchase...Non-percussion

Recently our Ford Freestar gave up the ghost. I have wanted a Honda Odyssey for years but finding a good one in my price range has been very difficult. This past weekend my wife and I went down to Hallandale to look at a 2001 that supposedly is a one-owner. If their reputation is correct, it should go another 150K miles. It's very clean and the price was right.

01_Oddy_RF01.jpg

01_Oddy_LF.jpg

01_Oddy_Dash.jpg

01_Oddy_2ndRow.jpg

01_Oddy_StWh.jpg

01_Oddy_Opened.jpg

Thank you for your indulgence.

Recently our Ford Freestar gave up the ghost. I have wanted a Honda Odyssey for years but finding a good one in my price range has been very difficult. This past weekend my wife and I went down to Hallandale to look at a 2001 that supposedly is a one-owner. If their reputation is correct, it should go another 150K miles. It's very clean and the price was right.

View attachment 129360

View attachment 129361

View attachment 129362

View attachment 129363

View attachment 129364

View attachment 129365

it is sooooo weird how much the instrument panel look just like my 21 Tacoma!!!!

but yeah, that should be a workhorse!

Congrats on your new Honda! And you've already made it yours with the tissue box and huge cup of coffee/whatever!
IIRC, certain year Odysseys had potential transmission issues. One treatment was more frequent transmission fluid changes via a real flush machine, not just doing it in your driveway. I don't recall the years or specifics, but encourage you to look into that!

Congrats on your new Honda! And you've already made it yours with the tissue box and huge cup of coffee/whatever!
IIRC, certain year Odysseys had potential transmission issues. One treatment was more frequent transmission fluid changes via a real flush machine, not just doing it in your driveway. I don't recall the years or specifics, but encourage you to look into that!
Apparently, this is one of them. :(

My sweet, sweet wife used her Barnes & Noble Gift Card to purchase me the Eagles 2-LP LIVE set. She's amazing!

EaglesLIVE.jpg

View attachment 129360

View attachment 129361

View attachment 129362

View attachment 129363

View attachment 129364

View attachment 129365

Minivans are cool (no matter what my daughter thinks) they're great for long road trips and can swallow a drum kit. I'd buy one if I didn't already own a station wagon.

Last edited:
Burris XTR Signature rings and Burris 4-16X50 scope with Creedmoor reticle.
Bought the 1.25 rings but gonna see if the 1” rings get me closer to the barrel while still allowing for lens caps.
Will be bore sighting very soon. View attachment 129828
Gun nerd question for you.

The optic is built for the round. It compensates for drop. Does it compensate for different bullet weights, different powder loads, and different barrel lengths as well? If not, have you built the rifle around the manufacturer's specifications used to build the optic?

This is war !!!!!!!!
I’m done screwing around with the two mouse traps I keep in my detached garage . The old wood ones seem about 50/50 kill rate. At that rate I’m just giving them time to multiply. Picked up 6 of these newer plastic traps for a total of 8 set up out there now . Although I hate to use the glue traps , I picked up a box for the inside floors perimeter because I gotta wipe these effers out before I’m over run and they figure a way into the house about 12 feet away . Tired of finding turds on my workbench and tools . I’ve got enough problems and don’t wanna add hantavirus to the list .

B0365B88-A022-4F59-8A9A-583BB5ABD951.jpeg

F773467B-1EE8-4448-AD64-2A340EDF5060.jpeg

88BEAF55-766C-40C2-B661-A2D4F2E76A4B.jpeg

A0170377-42B3-43F1-9F3E-B0EF0F3D5CFF.jpeg

Yeah... Mouses. I typically only have a problem with mice when the temps are above freezing during the day and drop below freezing at night. They seem to roam more during the day then look for someplace warm when the sun goes down. But it's 2 °F (-17 °C) here today, so I'd imagine the critters are sticking close to the nest.

Having said that, I found that moving my bird feeders more than 75 feet (23 meters) from the house/garage had an almost bigger impact on the mouse problem. The closest bird feeder to the house is about 5 feet away from a nice woodpile. It's not a satisfying as watching the birds just outside the window, but we all get to "live and let live."

I, too, have tried to find the "better mouse trap." This "Tomcat" trap seems to work better than the wooden snap trap, but only marginally. If nothing else, it's easier to set and to remove carcasses. I haven't tried the water bucket thing - some folks swear by it. Drowning seems a bit cruel to me and if you have freezing temps at night, it may not work anyway. YMMV.

Best of luck with your mouse problem, and don't tell Bo Eder! ;)

I haven't tried the water bucket thing - some folks swear by it.
I bought a hoarder house in the woods. It had a massive bug and rodent infestation when we bought it.

I bought 20 snap traps, 1 plastic rat trap, and made a bucket trap out of a Folgers can. Hands down the bucket trap catches the most mice:

I bought a hoarder house in the woods. It had a massive bug and rodent infestation when we bought it.

I bought 20 snap traps, 1 plastic rat trap, and made a bucket trap out of a Folgers can. Hands down the bucket trap catches the most mice:

Holy Schnikies! I didn't know that many mice existed in the whole world!! It wouldn't take long and they'd be able to walk out of the bucket on the backs of those below! I guess I don't really have a mouse problem - a mouse or three each year. But I take umbrage when they leave "presents" in the silverware drawer.

This is war !!!!!!!!
I’m done screwing around with the two mouse traps I keep in my detached garage . The old wood ones seem about 50/50 kill rate. At that rate I’m just giving them time to multiply. Picked up 6 of these newer plastic traps for a total of 8 set up out there now . Although I hate to use the glue traps , I picked up a box for the inside floors perimeter because I gotta wipe these effers out before I’m over run and they figure a way into the house about 12 feet away . Tired of finding turds on my workbench and tools . I’ve got enough problems and don’t wanna add hantavirus to the list .

View attachment 129985

View attachment 129986

View attachment 129987

View attachment 129988
In the past, my experience with glue traps is that they work well if you put them in brown paper bags. After the critter is stuck, you stomp the bag and end Mickey's life as neatly and humanely as possible.

Holy Schnikies! I didn't know that many mice existed in the whole world!! It wouldn't take long and they'd be able to walk out of the bucket on the backs of those below! I guess I don't really have a mouse problem - a mouse or three each year. But I take umbrage when they leave "presents" in the silverware drawer.
So far this winter they havent come back. Usually 1 or 2 find their way in each year. Typically they end up finding the birds house and steal his food. I have to use a bucket trap so as not to snap trap the bird (he is free range).

In the past, my experience with glue traps is that they work well if you put them in brown paper bags. After the critter is stuck, you stomp the bag and end Mickey's life as neatly and humanely as possible.

Yeah, these fold over themselves to make an open ended box which I did after setting them out . Makes for easier and cleaner kills but I still don’t like to use em or the water traps . I want a clean and quick kill . I don’t want em suffering stuck to the trap forever in case I can’t check em for more than a day. But I’m gonna do what I gotta do . Can’t have this situation going on .

I may try this live trap method and set them free in a wooded area about 5 miles away . But any predator that smells em is gonna find em pretty fast and kill em anyway because I’m definitely not cleaning them off 😳.

Once I’m certain I’ve gotten all or most I’ll be addressing any areas they can enter and using peppermint oil and other essential oils to make the space more inhospitable to at least slow down an all out invasion . These f’ers can’t multiply every 6-10 weeks if you don’t keep up with the traps . The two I had were doing the job pretty for a bit but they’ve surpassed that low number of traps to handle the uptick in population.

Last edited:
All sorts of tools and home remodel material. While were excited about the remodel, im pretty stoked about these new home audio purchases. New Klipsch SPL150 sub, and r26a towers for my rear surround. I also ordered a new 12" sub for a 2nd sub in the back of the room. Should be delivered next week. Screenshot_20230201_062840_Cloud.jpgScreenshot_20230201_062910_Cloud.jpg

I’ve always been interested in watches, but only recently (within the past few years) started really getting into them and diving down the rabbit hole. For the uninitiated, that’s one REALLY big rabbit hole!

Anyway, I bought my first automatic,* a Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic, about 2.5 years ago. While it’s nice, it’s really more of an entry level automatic, and I’ve been wanting to get into a slightly higher end auto—especially one with a chronograph function. But they can get really pricey—I’m talking many thousands of dollars—so I’ve been holding out until I could find one I really liked for about the price of a new Renown or less. And last weekend, I found one and pulled the trigger!

It’s an Oris Artix GT, which I found new (from a reputable dealer) for about 1/3 the price they normally sell for. So I bought it, and now I’m just waiting for it to arrive. I’ve always liked Oris watches, and while they don’t have as much brand recognition among non-enthusiasts, they are a very well respected horological brand. Probably equivalent to Longines or Tag Heuer.

Can’t wait for it to arrive!

View attachment 106030

View attachment 106031

*For those who don’t know about watches, an “automatic“ watch uses a fully mechanical self-winding movement. It’s completely spring driven, so no battery like a quartz watch, and incorporates an offset rotor that rotates—and winds the mainspring—as you move your wrist. Nearly all high-end watches, such as Rolex, IWC, Omega, Breitling, Patek Philippe, etc., use either an automatic or a hand-wound movement (another type of fully mechanical movement, but one you have to wind by hand).
you might enjoy this book....

Longitude: The True Story of a Lone Genius Who Solved the Greatest Scientific Problem of His Time is a best-selling book by Dava Sobel about John Harrison, an 18th-century clockmaker who created the first clock sufficiently accurate to be used to determine longitude at sea

Argument #0: don't start one!!!

that is what I did.

would like to see what that book says though
Lol... haah... same. Its just too much now-a-days. The gist is Humans are changing to fit the rules/constraints of tech, rather than tech symbiotically amplifying natural human nature. Maybe some of us are becoming less human with all this tech.

Back