Now A Sabian Endorser

BobC

Silver Member
I usually don't like to honk my own horn, but I got word today that I have been accepted as an official endorser of Sabian cymbals.

I took the factory tour in 2005, and was totally knocked out by Sabian's innovation and creativity, their commitment to excellence over every facet of their work, and by the incredibly nice people we met there, including the late Bob Zildjian and his lovely wife, Willie, who hosted us for dinner that evening. It was a trip I'll never forget. We left there convinced that Sabian was a great organization, and that Canadians might be the nicest people in the world.

I approached their AR director late last year, and feel very lucky and privileged to join their roster.

Now, I need to get my passport in order so I can make the trip to Meductic again, later this year!

Ah too bad Sorry to hear it Bob

;)

That's great congratulations, they don't just let anyone into that club. 👍👍

Look on the bright side.
Maybe you'll get to hammer one of your own cymbals.
I heard it only takes 14 hours if you don't switch arms +/-
Just have that bottle of ibuprofen close by.
Also ask if you can visit the Turkish factory

Last edited:
Look on the bright side.
Maybe you'll get to hammer one of your own cymbals.
I heard it only takes 14 hours if you don't switch arms +/-
Just have that bottle of ibuprofen close by.
Also ask if you can visit the Turkish factory
Actually, when I visited Sabian in 2005, we went into the hand hammering room, and they let me take a few whacks on a cymbal. It's not as easy as it seems. The hammer is heavy, and you have to strike the cymbal perfectly at the correct angle on the anvil underneath every time. If you miss the anvil, it's a "dead hit," I think they called it. I quit after about four whacks.

Last edited:
that's why I like the old dude or rather the old way at Bosphorus. Nothing's perfect. Sabian are bad azz no doubt. But for quiet conversational/cymbals/ all pure hand hammered/

Course the Crescent line if it still available might be an all hammered shaped cymbal if you don't need the volume (of a part pressed

Nice going Bob…most of my cymbals are Sabian, so I approve ;)

Congratulations @BobC ! Nicely smashed! My 18” HH Thin Crash is one of my favourite cymbals! What makes this special is that you clearly love the product and the people associated with Sabian…sweet, get that passport sorted! :D (y)

Outstanding. Good luck.

Curious what you have for a cymbal lineup and what types of music/gigs......

Congrats Bob ! You decided on what lines interest you ? I really like Artisan and HHX Complex and Anthology models . My Sabian set up comprises these lines . Check out the HHX Click hihats they might work well for you .

Rick, I PM'd you before. I like the AAX and AA lines, which seem to work well for my needs. I'll check out those Click hats. Thanks.

Congratulations on your new Sabian endorsement deal Bob! :)

Congrats!!
I went to Sabian in the 80's as a young drummer simply because they were cheaper at the time.
Then even when i could afford a more boojie brand, I stayed with them. They're just that great.

Back