Wish list 2023!

Musically, I'd like to be playing in at least one project and playing out live once a month and even more if possible.

Gear-wise, I'm set. I might buy accessories and small things that may be needed for whatever project I find. I'm interested in an EAD10, but don't really need it at this point.

Happy New Year!

Paiste Giant Beat 14” hats, 18” & 20” multis
Ludwig CM 6.5” x 14” snare

No big hurry to add anything. Just a few additions to my small stash of drum gear.

I’m aiming for a rack setup.

a_main_EdgarGarduno.jpg

Last year was pretty heavy all round. On DW we also lost touch with a couple of notables; it’d be great to hear from them all again in 2023! :)

Ok, so @Bozozoid was looking to channel Bill Gates to help him snag a Sonor shell pack, and he had his eye on a 20” Paiste Sig fast crash! @Hewitt2 was still desperately seeking tutors, and @Odd-Arne Oseberg was prepping for the great outdoors (no tofu was harmed!). @toddbishop was planning to get awash with Cymbal & Gong gear (whilst remembering to buy some sticks!) and @Jml was looking for the perfect pedal (Tama IC’s?:unsure::ROFLMAO:) and a ton of gigs.

@petrez wanted a hatstand to call his own whilst @Matt Suda and @Hypercaffium were hoping to find more time for a knock and a gig!

@NackAttack was looking to snag some new pies (including the world’s finest ride!) and a kit for the little ‘un, whilst @Yamaha Rider went all Buddy Rich on us by yearning for a new rug! @Out of Round was going 2002 in 2022, and @heartbeat , @graysonator , @LittleLegs , @Ransan , @KarlCrafton and @iCe were all on the hunt for prize pies!

@MrInsanePolack , @Juniper and @wraub wanted world peace while @GetAgrippa was just hoping for a piece of crap Ekit!:ROFLMAO: @Drum Mer went to the drum store for a “long wait” while @PaisteGuy was still waiting patiently for gear he ordered eons ago!

@PorkPieGuy was hoping to improve his “balance” while @Old Dog new Cans was in hibernation. @wildbill was keeping his sticks crossed for an economic downturn whilst @rhumbagirl was looking at getting tech stuff I can barely pronounce. In the snare and sniff department we had @C.M. Jones and @NouveauCliche , whilst @Iristone was thinking full bespoke kit and @RichFaulk was designing a monster Pearl set up!

Phew! Ok, so what’s at the top of your wish list for 2023, gear related or otherwise? :)(y)
Al you're awesome. A more supportive man I have yet to find. We're lucky to have you

I would like the Ukraine to humiliate Putin some more, and then to have that whole thing end and sanity/peace reign...

I hope to form an 80's era prog-metal band a-la Queensryche or Fates Warning, to relive my youth

I hope to take a few more steps closer to my retirement palace somewhere on a Great Lake...

I would like to see more snow and winter weather during the winter time around here

I would like to see all of my students who are auditioning for or playing for upper level groups do well

I would like to see my butt on my bike more, and to see less of my butt because of it

I would like all of you to have a peaceful year, and get what you want as well!

I got the hatstand I was craving for :LOL:. Ironically, this year I might be looking for new hats (cymbals) since I just noticed a crack on the edge of my 15" 2002 SE Hats. Only the top cymbal though so it might be possible to replace only that one. Still sounds good for the moment, but it's just a matter of time...

Other than that, the only "temptation" gearwise I have seen so far, even though I have no reason to buy it at all, are the new ltd. edition Tama SC Performers in Crimson Red Waterfall finish. If they only had fully finished hoops and the "regular" Starclassic basssdrum spurs, I might be tempted to jump ship from Yamaha... I probably should have voted 100% on the thread "Who cares how drums look like" :LOL:. But seriously, this is the best finish I've seen from Tama in a long while. And they are limited? :eek: I guess that means any wish for a doublebass kit is ruled out, but... Must hold back the temptation o_O.

Last edited:
For this year i have no intention of spending anything because i have already bought all the equipment i need, i just need a stickbag and a money for my drum teacher of course.

Lots of new Meinl Cymbals on my Wish List!
Byzance Vintage 22” Equilibrium Ride
Pure Alloy Custom 12” Trash Splash
Pure Alloy Custom 20” Trash Crash
Byzance 14” Equilibrium Hihats
Byzance 15” Polyphonic Hihats
Pure Alloy Custom 20" Extra Thin Hammered Crash
Byzance Traditional 10” Polyphonic Splash

Realistically there's no way to purchase all of these unfortunately, but it's fun to make the wish list.

Hey guys/gals, guess what? Yup... i changed my mind. Again. :ROFLMAO:
Still 'researching' sounds and what i want. Eventually dropped the Signature splashes from my list in favor of 2002 splashes since those just have the splash sound. And then I made the 'mistake' to really delve into the 2002 line and out of curiosity checked a few models. So... out with the Signature 22" Dry Heavy Ride and in with the 22" 2002 Heavy Ride, no more Dark Crisp Hi-hat but 15" 2002 Sound Edge hats, no more Full Crashes but 18 and 19" 2002 Crashes. On the upside that saves me around €400,- too since 2002's are way cheaper.

On the sellers side: I just learned from Reverb the delay of the $600 report threshold for third party platforms has been delayed till 2023 tax year as of Dec 2022. However, there are still some states with a low threshold, sounds like a 1099-K still has to get submitted for those states? Reverb said they would post the 1099-K if you exceeded by end of January but I do not see anything yet. Anyone else see anything?

• Alabama: $1,500
  • Arkansas: $2,500
  • California: $600
  • District of Columbia: $600
  • Illinois: $1,000 and 4 transactions
  • Maryland: $600
  • Massachusetts: $600
  • Mississippi: $600
  • Missouri: $600
  • New Jersey: $1,000
  • Vermont: $600
  • Virginia: $600

I'm pretty satisfied for gear for the most part. This year I really want to put my playing on focus and improve my reading skills (sheet music for example).
I want a 5.5X14 bronze snare too but that'll come at a later date.

I got rid of more stuff than I bought in 2022, and now have the smallest collection in years (3 snares, 2 ride cymbals!!) My wishlist now is also very specific:
Byzance dual trash crash 18"
Ludwig 90th anniversary one-piece maple snare 5x14
Ludwig The Chief 5x14

I may need to win the lottery or remortgage my house before those last two 😬😭

Staying healthy and mentally more sane than the last 3 years.

In regards to gear.

New interface (UAD X8P)
Buying a new house with more space for the family, and a larger studio facility option.
New kit (either Craviotto, Yamaha, or DW)
Proper ride (zildjian)
Interface.

F4746200-3ED9-4BC1-8486-B4B9B688EABB.jpeg

Done.

Proper ride.

F9704393-0E34-46E9-A41A-E7F64935FC42.jpeg

Done.

Main thing is finding a proper next kit, so the 70’s RC can go for sale too.

Back