Stupid deal of the day - Dynasonic Snare

Tamaefx

Silver Member
Hi everyone,
I just want to share the stupid deal of the day - I guess there won't be a better one for the rest of 2023 :
I bought a Rogers Dynasonic - obviously vintage - for....... 20€

I haven't seen the drum in person, I asked a relative to pick for me because it's in Brittany (west of France). I even got a vintage snare stand.
Isn't it a good deal ?

Attachments

• 76ce354fd8b6a572e23e26ebbf725f0e6049854f.jpg
    76ce354fd8b6a572e23e26ebbf725f0e6049854f.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 29
Quite! Very nice score.
I got a script logo one in 2022 for $14.99 plus tax. For another $19.99 there was also a bass drum with an EMAD head and about 6 practice pads. I sold 3 pads for 50-55 USD.

Looks like a winner! I'd hit that.

You had me all excited. I was thinking, Rogers snare $20 on Musician's Friend Stupid Deal of the Day. Oh well... Nice Score!

I see it has the frame too !! One of the first things to go missing . That would be a COB . Big R or script logo ? Those lugs , frame and,if original tall-boy hoops would cost you hundreds alone .

Not my first choice for loud bar gigs, but they do record very nicely . The beds on these shells were almost non existent , designed to be used with the frame set or else you'll get a fair bit of buzz .

Nice score for that price !!

Last edited:
I've bar gigged with mine. Not that I'm tops at discerning sound levels, but I love the response of the snare adjustment. None of my other snares made so much noticable difference.

I see it has the frame too !! One of the first things to go missing . That would be a COB . Big R or script logo ? Those lugs , frame and,if original tall-boy hoops would cost you hundreds alone .

It’s a script logo, any idea of the time period ? I don’t know a lot about Rogers, you don’t find Rogers drums that often in France.

It's a Fullerton built one. The big R was on some with script logo for a short while and still made in Fullerton then. The script went away in what, mid 70s?

Back