Did You Play Today?

C

C. Dave Run

Well, did you? Anything at all musical counts.

In the resolutions thread I stated that I would like to play everyday, but am not always able.

So far, yesterday I used the pad for an hour and played bass for about 15 minutes. I just finished another hour+ on the pad today. That's 2 for 2.

So I ask again, did you play today?

Had an 8 hour sesh.
Found out I go back to work tomorrow. Still would have done an 8 hour sesh but now I won't feel bad if I only get a short practice in tomorrow.

Well?..i was going to avoid this thread and hide because my answer is also no and no. Then I read today is not over which are the words I needed to hear. Those simple words were profound to me. It's a bit early 6:52 am but today I'll go down the basement and set my gibralter practice pad kit up and at least make an effort to get the hands moving with my G.L.S. stick control book. Our washer bit the dust last week so until it's replaced soon I have to go to a local laundromat..dear lord 😠. Once I'm back and picked up some groceries while clothes are in the dryer I'll set the little practice pad kit up. I'll keep you informed. Those 4 words....TODAY ISNT OVER YET pushed me. I'm glad I didn't just avoid this thread and hid like a little weasel. 4 words did it. Signed....Greatful 😃.

Today is not over yet 🙂.
I've played once in 6 months. (for 5 minutes)
I went from a single family home that I could play in to my heart's content to a condo where I just look at my drums and wipe off the dust as it builds on them.
It's depressing, to say the least.

I _did_ play yesterday! And will today.
While I play drums because it is fun, it's like most ongoing projects - do at least a little bit every day. Keep the habit flowing, keep it fun, make it an important part of your day!
I'm aiming to get to the point where I really miss it if it doesn't happen.

It's exercise- combo mental physical- exercise- I don't think (__) you can get anywhere else. Well maybe riding a Bike.
Outside.

Last edited:
No. I wish that I had a scenario where I could play a real acoustic set at home, instead of my old ekit, then I might be more likely to get more home play time in. The e-kit serves its primary purpose, allowing me to learn new songs that we're adding...but it's just not the same. Would it help, I'm sure. Maybe I'll go spend a little time on it tonight...

just finished 50 seconds. Thinking of going for a second helping

very dark dampish no snow winter day; I don't think (_) anyone's playing
it would be the most uninspirational day of the year : D
gotta dry up a little bit either dry up or snow
whoop 4PM time for Siesta

Last edited:
Not yet but did last two days on a small acoustic kit after a year of ekit only. I was really progressing on my hats and ride and the ekit hiatus really shows but it’s coming back quickly. I’m muffling my snare and one Tom and playing along quietly to a lil wireless speaker so keeping volume down -a skill in itself. I can play brushes again and I feel rusty there too. Just can’t beat real deal otherwise I’d have a synthetic robotic wife ROFL.

Yes, I went to church as I do on almost all Mondays and practiced for about an hour on drum-type stuff. Peace and goodwill.

Back