Lars Ulrich

Why do people say Lars is a bad drummer? I couldn’t play any Metallica Song, means that he can’t be that bad.

1. He made the internet angry (entitled Napster junkies wanted their free stuff)
2. He was actually pretty good (technically) and brilliant (creatively) early on, then seemed to become less so with time.

2. He was actually pretty good (technically) and brilliant (creatively) early on, then seemed to become less so with time.
I have a theory. Lars likes in your face aggressive music. Everything post ...Justice isnt the same Metallica. I really do think that Cliffs death effected the band in more ways than membership. Perhaps if things had gone differently, so then would the course of Metallica and Lars prowess behind a drumkit.

He's good.

I have a theory. Lars likes in your face aggressive music. Everything post ...Justice isnt the same Metallica. I really do think that Cliffs death effected the band in more ways than membership. Perhaps if things had gone differently, so then would the course of Metallica and Lars prowess behind a drumkit.

58ad7069-b1a4-449a-87f9-3db67f6bd3a2.jpg

I can’t tell who has the worst fans…Van Halen, Howard Stern, or Metallica. I think I may have to go with Metallica. So many fans claim to hate them after a certain time, yet their concerts sell out and their albums always go platinum.

I can’t tell who has the worst fans…Van Halen, Howard Stern, or Metallica. I think I may have to go with Metallica. So many fans claim to hate them after a certain time, yet their concerts sell out and their albums always go platinum.

They ditched Old Metallica fans for New Metallica fans. This isn't a criticism, just an observation. In an interview (Black Album) Hetfield himself said "Metallica fans will hate the new album."
As for VH, they simply died and were reborn something new, for better or worse.

(worse)

They ditched Old Metallica fans for New Metallica fans. This isn't a criticism, just an observation. In an interview (Black Album) Hetfield himself said "Metallica fans will hate the new album."
As for VH, they simply died and were reborn something new, for better or worse.

(worse)
Waaaaah!

100%- Lars himself has said many times that the Justice era was the last time he gave a crap about actively improving his drumming skills (if for no other reason than to compete with the rest of the Big 4).

Then of course came the success of the black album and that need to compete was well and truly out the window...

Well?..ya..he fits the band great. Ya know how Charlie Watts can play simply and just floor you?..Lars plays fairly simple but there's no spark there for me. That's not a BAD thing.. I won't sit in judgement. Some players just hit that nerve with you and you get excited..others not so much. I'm not after his technique but could I pleeease just have a 5th of his bank account?.... 😢.

Everyone knows tool has the worst fans.

Why do people say Lars is a bad drummer? I couldn’t play any Metallica Song, means that he can’t be that bad.
Here are six more pages for ya:

I was on the record saying i'd eat my foot if lars could play this live. Well, hand me a knife and fork i guess...
Yep, but that poor little china acting as a ride cymbal. Is it even audible? It wasn't on my (bass-heavy) 5ch computer sound. Where'd his ride go, anyway? ;)
Mike B

Yep, but that poor little china acting as a ride cymbal. Is it even audible? It wasn't on my (bass-heavy) 5ch computer sound. Where'd his ride go, anyway? ;)
Mike B
I don’t know when he did it but Lars has played a China in place of a ride for many years.

Mike B
Lars has very rarely ever used a ride cymbal for most of his career.

He had one in the early days, he took it off, never to be seen again for like 20 years, it made a brief reappearance in the early 2000s, then disappeared again.

I am pretty sure one could count the number of songs Lars has ever recorded with a ride cymbal on one hand

Lars has very rarely ever used a ride cymbal for most of his career.

He had one in the early days, he took it off, never to be seen again for like 20 years, it made a brief reappearance in the early 2000s, then disappeared again.

I am pretty sure one could count the number of songs Lars has ever recorded with a ride cymbal on one hand

Probably (I'm guessing) just for the bell.

Back