Stand for Ride Cymbal

TomS

Hello I want a new cymbal stand for my ride but I dont know how to pick a good one I want it in price between 75-120€ Can someome recommend me or tell me what should be aware of when Im buying a new stand? I want gallow stand or boom stand ( I dont know how it is supposed to be called I am looking for stand with arm)

My Tama stand works well for me. It is the:

Stage Master Boom Cymbal Stand HC43BSN​

Thanks a lot for tips guys. I will probably buy Pearl BC-830. I just want to ask one more thing Is this stand good for long term using? Because if I will buy it I dont want it to break like in one year. I hope I can rely on it for at least 5 years.

Most boom stands in that price range will last you at least that long. The Yamaha boom stands I bought in 1998 are still in use 24 years later.

DW 3000 boom stand (it converts to a straight stand when needed).

I love this series of hardware.

I will probably buy Pearl BC-830. I just want to ask one more thing Is this stand good for long term using? Because if I will buy it I dont want it to break like in one year. I hope I can rely on it for at least 5 years.
Though I'm a Yamaha hardware guy, that Pearl stand should last you several decades. I generally use a similar weight single braced stand (Yamaha 700 series) for my ride(s).

most modern 70s on up stands from name manufacturers last 50 years minimum unless you're doing something wrong

I have several 700 and 900 Yamaha stands I got in the 90s that are still going strong and look almost brand new.

I have less experience with it, but from what I've seen of the Tama Stage Master hardware it looks really well made.

Thanks a lot for tips guys. I will probably buy Pearl BC-830. I just want to ask one more thing Is this stand good for long term using? Because if I will buy it I dont want it to break like in one year. I hope I can rely on it for at least 5 years.
If bought new, Pearl has a lifetime warranty. You can definitely rely on that.

I have stands from the 70s that are still being used. Just take care of it.

I'll also add not to go cheap or too lightweight on a stand for a ride cymbal. I know that if I put any of my rides on my more lightweight stands the cymbal sounds different...it definitely affects the tone of the cymbal.

I bought a Yamaha CS-865 stand and I'm really happy with it's ability to hold my 21" ride securely.

Last edited:
I'll also add not to go cheap or too lightweight on a stand for a ride cymbal. I know that if I put any of my rides on my more lightweight stands the cymbal sounds different...it definitely affects the tone of the cymbal.
Can you give me an example of stands that make cymbals sound different please? And how cheap is very cheap in this situation?

Another vote for the Pearl option, not too heavy but very well made 👍

Can you give me an example of stands that make cymbals sound different please? And how cheap is very cheap in this situation?

I have a lightweight Yamaha 600 I don't love for rides because they make my ride sound a little hollow. I also still have a couple of those cheap no-name ~$35 boom stands that you find on eBay or as the music store house brand that aren't terribly well made. On crashes and China cymbals you might not notice the effect but with a ride cymbal I think they magnify any little weird harmonic or overtone the stand might introduce.

Good choice. Yes, it will last for years.
I have Pearl stands like this (previous versions) that still work great after 25+ years of use.
the Yamaha stands are also very good but just a little heavier which is why I prefer the Pearl (along with the fearless tilter on the Pearl)

Most of my drums are Pearl and most of my hardware is Yamaha. Both have performed flawlessly. My beat-up Yamaha cymbal stands still perform as new.

My recommendation: Get the heavy, sturdy, stands. Lightweight hardware is tempting but heavy stuff carries the day.

Any cymbal stand. Place Ride cymbal on it.... Done.

(any stand will do the job)

Back