What's your latest purchase?

07BB7C76-1FB5-4149-8A7C-9F05737AE819.jpeg
In addition to drum and photography stuff (both of which make money), I also indulge in stuff that doesn’t make money, like watches. I don’t have a huge collection. It started with an Omega Speedmaster moon watch 20 years ago, then I got a Victorinox INOX Professional Diver watch (because I don’t want to beat up the Omega), and just this week I finally got a nice G Shock Mudmaster tactical watch (never owned a G Shock before). This watch links up to the atomic time clock so it’s always accurate and I never have to set it. Very cool fun hobby.

Attachments

• BD48F66D-B439-427C-BB73-BBD24138B1F8.jpeg
    BD48F66D-B439-427C-BB73-BBD24138B1F8.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 002BECFE-D8EB-44AF-AABF-9D2275B6B8E6.jpeg
    002BECFE-D8EB-44AF-AABF-9D2275B6B8E6.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 4
View attachment 125959
In addition to drum and photography stuff (both of which make money), I also indulge in stuff that doesn’t make money, like watches. I don’t have a huge collection. It started with an Omega Speedmaster moon watch 20 years ago, then I got a Victorinox INOX Professional Diver watch (because I don’t want to beat up the Omega), and just this week I finally got a nice G Shock Mudmaster tactical watch (never owned a G Shock before). This watch links up to the atomic time clock so it’s always accurate and I never have to set it. Very cool fun hobby.
Nice watch I collect vintage fountain pens.

I picked up a 23” A Sweet Ride. I had a 21” which washed out a little too easily for me, however this one may be a keeper.
View attachment 125834
So, the only cymbal I have is the Zildjian 23" A Custom 25th anniversary, I thought at the beginning that it was a Sweet Ride but the A sweet ride is not the same as the A Custom sweet ride right? Then, I'm assuming there is no A custom sweet ride?? Let me know.

So, the only cymbal I have is the Zildjian 23" A Custom 25th anniversary, I thought at the beginning that it was a Sweet Ride but the A sweet ride is not the same as the A Custom sweet ride right? Then, I'm assuming there is no A custom sweet ride?? Let me know.

There is no A-Custom Sweet Ride, but the 21" A Sweet Ride is also available in a brilliant finish. Found that always a bit confusing since the A-Zildjian line is natural finish, the A-Custom line is brilliant and then there is one cymbal in the A-Zildjian line that has a brilliant finish xD

@Quai34 There is no A Custom Sweet Ride I am aware of, but there are A and K. The 23” 25th Anniversary A Custom Med Thin was a limited run of 1000 in 2017 I believe.

Reactions: iCe
Nice watch I collect vintage fountain pens.
I collect minerals/Gems...And instruments. There is way more money that has been spent on instruments for years co pared to minerals.

@Quai34 There is no A Custom Sweet Ride I am aware of, but there are A and K. The 23” 25th Anniversary A Custom Med Thin was a limited run of 1000 in 2017 I believe.
Yes, I learnt about the limited edition when I saw the super nice black box and the special certificate. I bought it as well because I like Zildjian brilliant finish and I thought a 23" was kind of special as a size. And I had tried a 21" A Sweet ride and thought this one was the same.... Or at least in the same ballpark and I was not disapointed, I live the ping and the wash that is not too much while I was still saying that this Zildjian is more my wash ride compared to the Sabain AAX Raw Bell Dry ride being my Ping ride. But that was before I bought some other rides and now, I don't even categorize this way my other cymbals, there are too different, HH RBDR 21", HHX Groove ride, Paiste Master Dark crisp ride 22", Sabain Artisan light ride 20" and Meinl Byzance Foundry Reserve ride 20". That said, even for a non pro drummer like me, I really think the A Custom has a lot of subtelities to play jazz for example.
So, thanks to all of you, I know now that I have an A Custom, non sweet ride officially, I Will change my signature then.

View attachment 125144View attachment 125145View attachment 125146

Trick P1V6 drive shaft for my 9000. Got it from CymbalFusion, since they seemed to be the only place that had one in stock ready to go.

I'm playing in a band that's basically death metal with two goobers singing on top of it, so I need to be able to execute my double kick stuff reliably (still working on that part), and I think this will help a lot. The original DW has a bit of rotational play, so I tried the drive shaft from my Ludwig Speed Flyer double (which is a badass drive shaft) and noticed an improvement in the sound and consistency of my left foot.

Problem is, the Ludwig puts the left pedal about three degrees back from where it should be, and there's no way to counteract that. So Trick it is.

It's like playing two singles. Or at least, a 9000 on the right and an 8000 on the left.

And if the bearings ever wear out, it looks like they can be replaced pretty easily. Nice.
Wish I would have gotten one earlier, absolute necessity.

I posted in another thread but I just bought a Yamaha Tour Custom shell pack. Color is matte black. Sizes are 15x20, 7x10, 8x12, 13x14. It's my first BRAND NEW drum set since the early 90's! I'm geeked! :)

I've had my eye on this kit for years. I'm 58 years old and in great shape but this kit will likely be the last new kit of my lifetime; and I couldn't be happier. Bring it on! :)

I posted in another thread but I just bought a Yamaha Tour Custom shell pack. Color is matte black. Sizes are 15x20, 7x10, 8x12, 13x14. It's my first BRAND NEW drum set since the early 90's! I'm geeked! :)

I've had my eye on this kit for years. I'm 58 years old and in great shape but this kit will likely be the last new kit of my lifetime; and I couldn't be happier. Bring it on! :)
Goodo mate enjoy them Cheers.:love:

Reactions: A J
Just picked up a set of these: https://www.guitarcenter.com/Digital-Reference/DRDK7-7-Piece-Drum-Mic-Kit-1274423039067.gc
for inexpensive goofing around.
They're on sale for half price ($99.99 - down from $199.99) for 3 more days.

I have other mics I can use, but they're a mixed bag hodge podge - all different makes and models.
Figured it might be nice to have a matched set w/case even if they're the low buck variety.
Can't comment on how good they are as I just walked in the door with them.

Just picked up a set of these: https://www.guitarcenter.com/Digital-Reference/DRDK7-7-Piece-Drum-Mic-Kit-1274423039067.gc
for inexpensive goofing around.
They're on sale for half price ($99.99 - down from $199.99) for 3 more days.

I have other mics I can use, but they're a mixed bag hodge podge - all different makes and models.
Figured it might be nice to have a matched set w/case even if they're the low buck variety.
Can't comment on how good they are as I just walked in the door with them.
Well, the mixed Mics approach allows you to choose the Mics you want for each instrument in the kit... And you don't pay that much more (ok, more than your 99$, for sure) if you buy some used.

Back