How do I count this...

and..
oh, it's "the" computer?
oh. ok..

What is the computer for/doing? I'm curious, not trying to be offensive. Is it a learning tool or something?

I assumed you wanted and we all wanted to know what the drummer was playing in and on the actual song.
those two 32nds aren't- as far as I can tell- played in the song.

I'm not offended. I'm just an authentic nut : ) and that computer Zip is not accurate +/-
the computer Zip is making it out harder to be- than it is +/-
I'd recommend highly to anyone to use their own ears in gathering the drum part

Last edited:
he rarely plays anything off the One on the bass drum. Once he played two eighth and there's a tricky fill around 2:48.
there's a bunch of keyboards and stuff (that give a rumble like a bass drum but there's no 32nds in there as far as I recall.

Last edited:
he rarely plays anything off the One on the bass drum. Once he played two eighth and there's a tricky fill around 2:48.
there's a bunch of keyboards and stuff (that give a rumble like a bass drum but there's no 32nds in there as far as I recall.
I'm glad you pointed out that you weren't hearing what the tab was saying because I would of been learning it wrong. I think a few others found that tab a bit odd.

Reactions: jda
The tab is correct, I timestamped the video one bar before it's played. But...I had to use the slow down function to hear the two 32nd bass notes clearly.

"It actually sounds better at half .5 speed"..
```````````````````
you mean he play's 2-16ths once?
2-32nds -at original tempo- would almost be a -single-bass flam

but I'm open to suggestion (lol

timestamped
what's the minute mark

still not hearing it.
there's a Delay (echo) on the drums- hear the intro at .5 half-speed
~
he doesn't play any bass drum on "the and" of 1. maybe once twice he adds an 8th note.
Bridge at 2:17; at 2:24 and again at 3:05 he adds a bass drum 8th note 1-&

song sounds great at half-speed more like 2022
I don't at half-speed -from anyone- hear a 32nd note in the entire song.
She's fantastic so is the whole band/ recording.
At half-speed (you can adjust track speed on the yt click the gear thing-for those that don't know)

Last edited:
Yes, it's like a drag into the backbeat on 2. Try slowing down the youtube vid to 50% and you'll hear it too.

The reason I listened to it, was that I thought those two bass notes leading into the snare on 2 in the tab, would've been played with a 16th note triplet feel, which would indeed have made a Bonham-esque type of thing, but they are actual 32nd notes.

what's the minute mark

still not hearing it.

song sounds great at half-speed more like 2022
The bar starts at about 2:14.

To me the fact I can't hear those 32nd notes in the mix without slowing the tune down, means you could just as easily play one 16th instead if you'd have to learn that song for a cover gig.

Ok I heard it. Ha.
once in the entire song.
It's a Lead-in to a Fill.
I heard it.

To me the fact I can't hear those 32nd notes in the mix without slowing the tune down, means you could just as easily play one 16th instead if you'd have to learn that song for a cover gig.
It's part of a Fill; not the whole song nor the groove +/- of the song. Man it's minor. : )

It's a lead-in to a Fill. To the Guitar/squawkbox/ solo...Very nice etc.
~~~~
Maybe I missed the point of the transcription in post #1- is it of a single fill or is it of the groove of the tune?

Last edited:
Ok I heard it. Ha.
So once in the whole song
Yea it's just one particular fill in there. I didn't know the track so had to play until it came along.
But like I said, if I was the op, I'd just play a single 16th instead, since that drag with the bass drum is hardly audible in the final mix. (I suspect because of the speed, those two notes didn't quite have the power of the rest of the track)

But like I said, if I was the op, I'd just play a single 16th instead
the importance to the tune- that brief split-second fill.
Unless OP was isolating this fill.
Or was OP charting the groove of the whole song?

It's a Fill - a split-second 2:14-2:16- discovered - going into the squawkbox/solo
Wouldn't want to play it (this is getting ridiculous) -repeat it- the entire way thru - as the basis - of the tune..right.

Last edited:
But like I said, if I was the op, I'd just play a single 16th instead,
I thought OP was looking at a whole groove of the song ; I could be wrong.
If op post #1 was just that- a buried Fill in isolation it (this thread) would start to make better sense
I took it as a Ride thru out some tune lol

Last edited:
Right before the bridge.
Already acknowledged and dissected.
Only thing left is : was post #1 transcript; representative of that singular split-second fill
Or as I had maybe wrongly assumed, a part of some, song's , 'ride'.
Capische?
unclear in post 1 description whether the computer transcript picked those 3 seconds out at 2:14 or was it directed to that fill spot. Or if it's even that fill. But appears to be; wish OP would have pointed out "this is the fill at 2:14" if that is so.
writing it as 32nds still not positive is correct like said above

I wasn't think (...) it was a one bar fill
some reason thought was a repeat pattern (lol)

Last edited:
Yeah it plays the song and helps you learn it. Ultimate Guitar
what format's... Could you run this

thru? I might pay to see that transcribed

I’ll be honest…the last thing I would worry about if I were playing Hella Good is the fill as notated. To me it’s like, “I’m spending 3 minutes on learning it and 2 hours on a fill that’s buried in the mix and only happens once.” Life is too short.

But there’s no way in hell I would devote those same 2 hours to putting down someone for wanting to learn it. I salute anyone who wants to up their reading game, and it is a cool fill, no doubt about it.

Back