What's your latest purchase?

159D2B33-3153-4325-831F-67E60308A30B.jpeg39BB6C4E-1919-4AFE-BA41-68F83D8B8A88.jpeg084BAE8C-AC0A-484B-B6BF-17C18D8CB691.jpeg

Trick P1V6 drive shaft for my 9000. Got it from CymbalFusion, since they seemed to be the only place that had one in stock ready to go.

I'm playing in a band that's basically death metal with two goobers singing on top of it, so I need to be able to execute my double kick stuff reliably (still working on that part), and I think this will help a lot. The original DW has a bit of rotational play, so I tried the drive shaft from my Ludwig Speed Flyer double (which is a badass drive shaft) and noticed an improvement in the sound and consistency of my left foot.

Problem is, the Ludwig puts the left pedal about three degrees back from where it should be, and there's no way to counteract that. So Trick it is.

It's like playing two singles. Or at least, a 9000 on the right and an 8000 on the left.

And if the bearings ever wear out, it looks like they can be replaced pretty easily. Nice.

Attachments

• DCA4F748-2AF3-41E8-92EE-11E32E5EF438.jpeg
    DCA4F748-2AF3-41E8-92EE-11E32E5EF438.jpeg
    509.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 8A840694-7EF4-4B7E-9856-1175C99C2F7D.jpeg
    8A840694-7EF4-4B7E-9856-1175C99C2F7D.jpeg
    445.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Just ordered this and fresh pics when it comes in, but for now:

1665128629543.png

Last edited:
That looks identical to my photo when I sold mine. Gotta download and look at the EXIF data…
Could be wasn't intentional, I borrowed a stock image off Reverb instead of using my own. My desktop is kaput. Maybe I got your cymbal?

Last edited:
Yea! Found at a pawn shop some new no name sticks just like the ones I found for 2.99 a pair a couple months ago. Five bucks a pair this time. I bought them out.

Huh? My Octobans are configued high to low the SAME as my kits configuration.
What I meant was, if your kit is high to low, right to left, are your rocket toms* also high to low, right to left?

*Pearl’s nomenclature, not mine.

Octobans are so much fun! I have the Pearl equivalents and although they are way cheaper compared to Tama (new at least), Tama's mounting is superior.

Huh? My Octobans are configued high to low the SAME as my kits configuration. High on the right and lows on the left…you do realize my kit is setup lefty right?

Here are some setup on a right handed kit. Mirror image of mine.

Right hand kit:
View attachment 125250
My left hand kit:
The bottom picture is the correct way to set up a drum set. 😁😁😁

…and DWs are called rata toms
…and ddrums are called decabons

All the same concept with 6” heads and varied length tubes. Some are made from fibreglass and others are aluminum.
You can also DIY if you are handy. Lots of resources online for making them.
DW is also wrong, in fact they're always wrong.
Ddrum is not a real drum company, so whatever they say doesn't matter.
They're Octobans.
Your kit is setup the only way REAL drums should be set up. (y)

Last edited:
I ordered these two new BEATO bags to complete my set of bags--a combo bag for my toms and a snare bag. Today is three weeks from the order date and I hadn't received them yet so I emailed Fred today to inquire about their progress. He emailed back within ten minutes (as he has every time!) and said he sent them out already and the UPS tracking number he included said they were delivered to my house over a week ago! I thought, "Oh no! Porch pirates!" but no, I found the box in my dining room. One of my kids must have brought it in and forgotten to tell me. I am excited to pack my kit for my gig this weekend! They are a little wrinkled because, according to the included note, they had to pack them tight in the box to avoid more shipping costs.

1665361687360.png

Last edited:
A ribbon crasher!!!

So much fun and so useful in my country band (hand clapping and similar sounds).

I use those mounted on my marching bass drums for a cool effect instead of just rim click

aa2a3c34-9779-4c14-9bc7-1da08d0f4e9c.jpeg

250 bucks including cymbals and stands. Was supposed to become a beater kit for my studio/rehearsal room complex, but now we have other crazy plans for it, please be patient ^^

View attachment 125311

250 bucks including cymbals and stands. Was supposed to become a beater kit for my studio/rehearsal room complex, but now we have other crazy plans for it, please be patient ^^

holy high school memories Batman!! All of my friends - and many of the backlines - had those back in the late 80's/early 90's.

Back