Brady goodness

A 7x13 Brady lemon scent gum snaredrum has no equal in my book. I'm sure your 12's are supreme. Chris Heuer is a genius. You are one lucky drummer jaymandude.

A 7x13 Brady lemon scent gum snaredrum has no equal in my book. I'm sure your 12's are supreme. Chris Heuer is a genius. You are one lucky drummer jaymandude.
Thank you. I just lucked into the second one. I only use them a few times a year but man, there’s nothing like them. I’ve been wondering if someone of the newer American builders come close with their stave builds but I have no reason to commission one. Can’t remember their names right now.

Nice - I had a Brady Jarrah Plyand sold it to a bloke in San Francisco late last year. There is one for sale on our local " Craiglist" for $2200 AUD.

People selling them charge such ridiculously greedy prices now the brand is a write off for me, they simple aren’t worth the $$$.

People selling them charge such ridiculously greedy prices now the brand is a write off for me, they simple aren’t worth the $$$.
I have 2. Love them both. They are collector grade drums. No longer being produced. You can buy a 100.00 snare drum and make it sound good if you know how to tune. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I have 2. Love them both. They are collector grade drums. No longer being produced. You can buy a 100.00 snare drum and make it sound good if you know how to tune. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Maybe you just haven't seen what they're listed for.

I just did a marketplace search and it's now worse than I thought.
13x7 jarrah block: $3,250
a 14x5.5 jarrah ply: $2,800

Hard no.

At that money you might as well look to the other manufacturers like Red Rock and SIA.

Maybe you just haven't seen what they're listed for.

I just did a marketplace search and it's now worse than I thought.
13x7 jarrah block: $3,250
a 14x5.5 jarrah ply: $2,800

Hard no.

At that money you might as well look to the other manufacturers like Red Rock and SIA.
Now check the actual sold prices on reverb. Its not that bad.

Also you can get them for under 1k here.

I have had many in 12/14 sizes.

But people drivving up prices and some people will fall for it and buy them.

Also the splits between blocks are gone when you tune them up as they push the splitted blocks together airtight.

The Brady block 12” models sound mucj bigger than a regular 12” so you can use them from anything ranging from pop to heavy rock.

To this day I YouTube stave snaredrums from various manufacturers endlessly searching for my dream drum mentioned above but nothing compares. (for me) there is MAGIC in the Brady that I've yet to find but the search continues..as hopeless as it seems at times. I had a chance once and blew it..procrastination is a horrible attribute of mine and I'm paying dearly for it. No Tempus kit..no Brady snaredrum..no Sonor phonic kit...why?...pro....crass...tination.

A 12" is my next snare size. Have been interested in them for about 5 or so years now. I'll probably just convert a tom however. I dont have the scratch for one of those gorgeous Bradys.

Back