What's your latest purchase?

Just got some leather picks for playing the bass.
I’d been scouring around trying to find a pick that sounded like my fingers or better yet my thumb.
I’d been using the green polymer Mics Picks that come in a pack with felt picks which I would just throw away. Felt picks sound ok but fibers get stuck in the strings and dust everywhere.
These are a game changer for me. The pick in the middle is a little stiffer and probably more suited for something like an acoustic guitar plus it cost as much as the whole pack on the right.
I prefer the diamond cut out middle as its the perfect flexibility for me.
55E8EEC7-701E-4ADD-B271-915A902FB563.jpeg

rebonn,

I remember getting suede bass picks through Ernie Ball back when I worked at the local music store.
They don't offer them anymore?

Elvis

Bought a used 4 piece Tama Starclassic Maple Exotix in ocean Blue Fade Mouningui. Was $2k. I like the finish and the drums were made in 2020. Seemed like a fair deal.

Only downside is the finish was only available in 2019/2020 so it’s been hard to find the matching snare.

This is what it looks like:

Only downside is the finish was only available in 2019/2020 so it’s been hard to find the matching snare.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles with this.
It seems like most drummers arent bothered with matching snares, but seeing Tony Wiliams' Gretsch Solid Yellow kit with matching snare always made me want a matching snare too. I basically gave up trying to find a matching snare for my latest kit, but I got one pretty close to matching. It's the same finish, but with only similar hardware and badge. 🤷‍♂️

Bought a used 4 piece Tama Starclassic Maple Exotix in ocean Blue Fade Mouningui. Was $2k. I like the finish and the drums were made in 2020. Seemed like a fair deal.

Black nickel hardware, too. Sweet.
Matching snares are overrated. Use whatever you like. Personally, I see a Sakae Phospor Bronze Snare Drum behind that kit.
Killer setup, regardless.
Congrats! (y)

I think the drummer I replaced this year has that same kit. Can't remember what his snare was though.

Been on a cymbal buying binge lately. Some people fill up on gold to stave off the coming crisis. For me its bronze. Most recently: Bosphorus 1600 era hats, Bosphorus 18" traditional Crash, Meinl Pure Alloy Custom 18" + 20" Crashes, Meinl 16" Pure Alloy and an 18" Jazz extra thin crash. I also came across a great deal on an Istanbul Agop 18" crash. I can't get over how much I enjoy the sound of the Meinl Pure Alloy and Alloy Customs.

I finally replaced the Pearl wood-fiberglass kit I bought in HS (1975) with a Tama Starfire walnut-birch kit and Tama SPL maple 14 x 6.5 snare. I'm loving life right nowView attachment 123400
There was another guy, years ago, who stuck his kit in a tight spot. Is there a secret we don't know about?

ian-paice-1971-machine-head.jpg
(Ian Paice tracking Machine Head)

Back