What's your latest purchase?

turns out it's actually a 20x12 Ludwig Hobby bass drum (1964 based on the badge). the duco is in much worse shape than the pictures/listing led on, but overall I'm glad I bought it. shell is round, edges are perfect, and it's super clean inside. I sprayed several coats of clear on it to hopefully preserve the finish. I was basically able to blow off the paint. just waiting on a batter side head to finish it off.

View attachment 93874View attachment 93875View attachment 93876
This guy has a similar situation. I think it looks great!

thanks! I contemplated just removing all the flaking bits and repainting, but I kinda like it this way. I figure I can easily strip it in the future if that's what I feel like doing. you have a flaking duco kit too?
[/QUOTE
Someone once said "It's only ever original once". Food for thought I think.

IMG_8668 2.JPG
I bought 2 Dream Cymbals on craigslist about a month ago.
-20" Dark Matter Flat Earth Ride
-18" Dark Matter Energy Crash

The Flat Earth Ride is now my favorite ride I've ever played, and it's quickly become my go to for recordings. It would probably serve low volume gigs pretty well, but I haven't had a chance to try it out in that context yet.

I've got mixed feelings on the crash. It's not the most inspiring thing to playin the moment, but listening back on recordings it sounds pretty good which is what really matters. Either way, I'm excited I've got a dark set of cymbals to work with now!

ywgsvsbkbsm7czxziobb.jpg

been after one of these for years! its a long-since-discontinued aquarian powerhouse snare drum head, made in the 90s from kevlar, i believe it was the first kevlar head designed specifically for regular snare drums and not for marching snares :) (though if i'm wrong i'll gladly be corrected :) )

even came with an instruction sheet telling you how to tune it so you dont damage/break your snare! :)

Pawn shop find when I went down to my neck of the woods in Texas this weekend, Ludwig 3x13 Piccolo.
Got it for $15.00 plus tax and now it’s with my other snares. Mostly in great condition, just needs a new snare tightening screw for throw off (bent but still functional) and a new batter that’s it!
A67C28BD-DFF7-47B7-8A80-A0236B0AFBE5.jpeg3BB186DF-1AF6-4E25-9656-664DDDF1D536.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice! Have you tried any of the K Sweets? I wonder how they compare.

Sure have, I own the 14" K Sweet hats, 18", 19" crash, 21" ride and the 20" Cluster. They mix perfect together, the Cluster crash is a K sweet crash with 8 hammer clusters. Theres some YouTube comparisons, basically a bit of a trashier worn in sound over the regular K sweets. I use the Cluster as my effect crash.

Sure have, I own the 14" K Sweet hats, 18", 19" crash, 21" ride and the 20" Cluster. They mix perfect together, the Cluster crash is a K sweet crash with 8 hammer clusters. Theres some YouTube comparisons, basically a bit of a trashier worn in sound over the regular K sweets. I use the Cluster as my effect crash.
Cool. I figured they were going for a trashier sound. I like that.

I have the 17" and 19" K Sweet crashes at the moment. Will have the 18" crash along with the 16" hi-hats and the 21" ride soon. Zildjian K's are my favourite cymbals by far.

Back