Recent content by Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

1. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

What's your "day" job?

are things "quieter" now with the isolation and all? Crime is (interestingly) down here (in Ohio) locally...also in some other parts of the country
  2. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

What Are You Doing While Riding Out This Period Of Social Isolation?

I must be in the minority with the depression thing...in that I am not experiencing it at all my normal schedule is: 6 days a week, roughly 14 hours a day...and Sunday. I am loving the fact that i am not running on every cylinder all the time...I think THAT was wearing me down recently. I am...
  3. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Can anyone name that drumkit?

I even went more simple, and just use a pile of books now...waaayyyy more groove
  4. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

What Are You Doing While Riding Out This Period Of Social Isolation?

- have been riding my mountain bike and/or BMX bike daily... - doing lessons online with all of my school band students....but this week is Spring Break, so that is on hold - arranging and writing the drum book, and visual ideas for this fall's MB show - catching up on reading - practicing drums...
  5. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Can anyone name that drumkit?

don't know the brands, but those drums look like they have been used by MANY before him, so they were probably the studios "go to's" and that ladder is definitely too much. I only use a 4 rung ladder now. if you need more than 4 rungs, you don't "groove" man...;)
  6. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Most influential drummers of the past 20 years?

I would add: Gene Hogland Derek Roddy Frost - for some upper level speed, and development of blast beats (adding to what Charlie Benanate pioneered in the 80's)
  7. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

What's the most difficult instrument you've ever tried to learn or play?

yeah...circular breathing ups the ante a billion %
  8. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Your 3 most fav Drummers From Each Decade You Have Been Playing

So...glomming on to the 3 most influential drummers" thread.... for me it would be 1970's - the decade that I started Neil Peart Phil Eheart Stewart Copland 1980's Clive Burr Scott Rockenfield Charlie Benante 1990's Mark Zonder Tim "Herb" Alexander Chad Smith 2000's Stanton Moore Bran...
  9. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Who are the top three drummers you admire and why ?

started playing drums in 1976. 1st grade. 7 years old. These are the "Foundational 3" for me: Neil Peart: first guy that I saw take drums seriously and who was able to mix busy with groove. All of the other "godlike" things about Rush helped...Ged is my most fav bass player; same with Lerxt on...
  10. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

What's the most difficult instrument you've ever tried to learn or play?

my left wrist will not turn to allow me to get to the strings...I grew up playing bass instead, which was cooler anyway
  11. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

What's your latest purchase?

I would LOVE to have that color scheme on our school marching drums
  12. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

the only way you get good enough to justify that stuff is to use it...and you can't use it if you don't have it!! Hell yeah to big sets!!!
  13. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

No Ride Cymbal?

I could never play without a ride - I love the sparkling ping of a good ride - but I can see why others don't. Especially in high volume music...though I still use my ride in my punk, thrash and metal playing. I use my 16" Zildjian Rock Crash or a stack made of a broken 14" K China and a random...
  14. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Do you buy multiple sticks or more of the same pairs?

my main stick is the Vic Firth 3A...I buy a brick of them, and that lasts me about 2 years...I hit med hard, but I also feel like I hit "smart". Play rock, metal, punk, jazz and country with them. I also have some Pro Mark PW808's that I like, but not as much as the VF's being a drumline...
  15. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

My vacation is back on

agree 1000% percent. There is a such thing as negative over-productivity...