Recent content by w3r1_drums

1. w3r1_drums

Long-term cymbal storage

Hey all! I've unfortunately not been able to play drums for over a year, which means my cymbals have needed a place to stay. I've had them in a hardshell skb case stood upright and I'm beginning to wonder if this could possibly be damaging to the cymbals to be stacked like that forever. I...
  2. w3r1_drums

safe cymbal storage

tbh they're not really taking up space that I don't have, like I said I slid them under my bed. I'm more worried about the force of all the cymbals on top of each other. actually the real reason I'm worried is that I don't have the money to replace my Ks ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  3. w3r1_drums

safe cymbal storage

Hi guys! It's been awhile since I've been around. A recent situation has forced me to dismount my cymbals and store them in my dorm with nothing but a soft shell beg to protect them - what would you recommend as far as storage? Right now I have them lying flat under my bed, bell facing...
  4. w3r1_drums

Overhead Mic Pickup Patterns

Hey y'all! So a week and a half ago I got these $100 lyx pro microphones to use as stereo overheads. Super cheap but work great, was a recommendation from a friend I don't think I would have taken a chance on otherwise Anyways a cool thing about these mics is that they come with 3...
  5. w3r1_drums

Has anyone ever experienced this before?

Around the beginning of the month, I began to feel a little sore in my wrists. So I thought, eh, this has happened before, I'll rest for a few days and then look at my technique again to make sure it's not slipping and take steps to fix this (although I should note that this time it didn't...
  6. w3r1_drums

Why bother with the resonant head on the kick drum?

Recently I recorded 5 songs for my band's EP. For 4 of the songs I took off the resonant head and really got the mic close to the batter head, got a pleasant sound out of it. The 5th song was recorded with a ported resonant head and I got a usable but not as good sound (I kind of rushed the...
  7. w3r1_drums

Help? Wrist pains......

So yesterday I was rehearsing with my band and my wrist started hurting a little bit. Which is strange because I feel like I shouldn't be having pain after drumming through a rehearsal because I'm young and it's never happened before but that's besides the point. I have a show tonight and I'm...
  8. w3r1_drums

Porting bass drum head?

Does anybody have any good suggestions for cutting a hole in the resonant head of a bass drum without taking it off? Is it going to be hard to get a good result without taking it off? The main reason I ask is because if I'm going to go to the trouble of taking off the head and tuning it back on...
  9. w3r1_drums

What's your latest purchase?

I just blew out all my savings For starters, I bought a focusrite 18i20 interface (as per recommendations from many users on this forum). Next, I bought a Shure DKM52-77 mic kit (I think that's what it's called). It included a Beta 52 and three SM57s + drum mounts for the 57s, and it also came...
  10. w3r1_drums

Ludwig Accent Combo specs

Hi idk if I just didn't look hard enough but I can't seem to find any specs on ludwigs website for the accent combo kit. Anywho I recently was attempting to change the head on my 14x7 ludwig accent combo snare and apparently I broke one of the tension rods, leaving part of it inside the tension...
  11. w3r1_drums

We Are One - Hanging by a Thread (Live video)

So awhile back I posted my band's first professional quality release hanging by a thread just wanted to share a live video of it :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xrA-v9t42Y
  12. w3r1_drums

How do you Arrange your Cymbals around the kit?

Especially curious for people with more than 4 cymbals I feel like my arrangement is somewhat unique. I have the standard hi-hat and crash on the left side (crash is above and to the left of the first rack tom) - I use my 18" crash on the left. Then I have my ride to the right and nearly level...
  13. w3r1_drums

Good interfaces?

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a recording interface looking to spend at most about $500 (will consider stuff that's more expensive) and wanting at least 8 xlr inputs. Right now the focusrite 18i20 is what I'm thinking of going for but I wanted to see if anyone...
  14. w3r1_drums

I made a REALLY exciting purchase today! ........a boom cymbal stand
  15. w3r1_drums

Nice crash! I have one of those myself. Speaking of new cymbals, I just pulled the trigger on ordering a 19" zildjian A ultra hammered china online and I'm itching to get my hands on it :D
Back