Recent content by Trigger

1. Trigger

What are you listening to right now?

2. Trigger

Double Pedal skill/technique issue (HELP!)

This. Practise without a pedal, put your toes on the ground, lift your heels up slightly, bounce from your ankles up and down. Then do the same thing on a pedal. Move around on the pedal until you find the sweet spot where the pedal is doing most of the work. Also, play around with the spring...
  3. Trigger

Lars Ulrich

Not trying to be a hater becasue i don't really care about metallica either way, but I'll be amazed if he can play that song live. When I saw him at Glastonbury he was abysmal.
  4. Trigger

Anyone done buying gear here?

Where do you go from there? Classic maples are among the best you can get. Enjoy them :)
  5. Trigger

Whatcha Reading Right Now?

Blood Meridian is one of the bleakest books I've ever read haha. Made the mistake of reading it on holiday. I felt mentally violated when i finished it.
  6. Trigger

Are Birch Drums the Best for Indoor Acoustics?

That is nuts, but please don't let this info get out haha. I don't want sonor to put the SQ2 prices up even more.
  7. Trigger

Simple and expensive answer. Sonor SQ2 with birch rack toms, maple floors and beech kick.
  8. Trigger

I guess I just don't like...

I've done it many times and despise it.
  9. Trigger

I have no idea about the actual science of it, but all the marketing you see around birch drums is how good they are for recording, and recording is generally done indoors, so maybe this theory is correct?
  10. Trigger

Do people actually like the “ring” of metal snares?

Yeah me too. I still find myself ripping off his fills without realising it all the time. Great 'hook' drummer.
  11. Trigger

Do people actually like the “ring” of metal snares?

I don't know if it's steel (it might be brass or something) but i think the ring of this snare is so important to this song. Come for the snare ring, stay for the killer drumming.
  12. Trigger

Players with a small kit and quick sticks. Suggestions to watch/listen, please?

The dude from king gizzard basically has a 4pc and they play pretty much anything that sounds like music.
  13. Trigger

Any suggestions for a 7-year-old headgear protection?

As a 35 year old that's been playing for 25 years and has very, very annoying tinnitus - You are making the best possible decision you could be.
  14. Trigger

What kind of Yammies are these?

Yeah I'm in Germany which takes the sting out a little, but this I've basically been saving my whole life for this kit, so hey, why not?
  15. Trigger

What kind of Yammies are these?

I almost bought an sq2 last week and will probably buy one in the next 6 months 🙃