Recent content by TOMANO

1. TOMANO

Recommend some drummers that are not yet on drummerworld

Budgie, from Siouxsie & The Banshees and The Creatures. Wonderfully adventurous! Check out his playing on Siouxsie's tune "Parties Fall"...sublime!
  2. TOMANO

My Farewell To A King

Thank you.
  3. TOMANO

My Farewell To A King

Thank you
  4. TOMANO

My Farewell To A King

Just some thoughts I had upon hearing of Neil's passing. https://www.miketomano.com/single-post/2020/01/13/Farewell-To-A-King
  5. TOMANO

JACK DeJOHNETTE new interview with Dom Famularo

What an adventurous musical life Jack has led. He never stops expanding his vision.
  6. TOMANO

Peter Erskine

Three excellent drummers!
  7. TOMANO

Peter Erskine

Peter Erskine is a masterful musician. Adds magic to every situation.
  8. TOMANO

Whiplash! (The Movie)

If I recall, in one scene the teacher smacks the student. Yeah...the kid should've smashed a cymbal over his head, left school, and went to a late-night jam on the West Side.
  9. TOMANO

procol harum drummer bj wilson

A great drummer.
  10. TOMANO

INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Real name: Mike Tomano Age: Forgot. How long have you been playing: 30 years or so. Your top 5 drummers: John Bonham, Andy Newmark, Budgie, Vinnie Colaiuta, Steve Gadd. Make of drumkit: Tama, Pearl Make of...
  11. TOMANO

Ever had a band you just couldn't like

Many great bands exist whose music just doesn't resonate with me. Tool, Muse, Springsteen, Mellencamp, Guns N Roses, Wilco...just off the top of my head.
  12. TOMANO

Killer Bands: Gone But Not Forgotten!

Yessir...No Doubt was a smokin' pop band. Great players and Gwen was in top-form. Her music is fluffy auto-tune sequenced mindless product now. Same thing with The Band Perry...great players who made catchy pop country...now they don't even have real instruments on their crap songs. Sad.
  13. TOMANO

"Are you any good?"

Tell 'em you are the best drummer that ever lived. When they mention Buddy...tell 'em he couldn't carry your stick bag. Peart? Pffft. Moon? Please. Bonham? Yawn. Anyone who asks that question is not worthy of an honest answer.
  14. TOMANO

UFO is on tour!
  15. TOMANO

Spinnin' some vinyl & CD tonight of great bands that are no longer together that kicked my ass: Smithereens, Jellyfish, Sixpence None The Richer, London Suede, Captain Beyond, Magazine, 10cc,