Recent content by toddmc

1. toddmc

Seasoned drummer transitioning from acoustic to e kit to practicing.

I know right- Rosewood is about the only decent tom sound on the Roland TD10 :)
  2. toddmc

Why don't many Pro Drummers use Electric Drums?

Yeah, me too pardner- back in mah day we didn't need no new-fangled gadgets, we just done hit them calf-skins stretched over a tin bucket and I don't remember no-one complainin'!! Yee-Haww!!!
  3. toddmc

Seasoned drummer transitioning from acoustic to e kit to practicing.

Not many negatives for me (except for the learning curve of how to wrangle with modules/ triggers, etc). Go for an A2E setup if you want to keep that acoustic aesthetic though (that way you can at least feel like you're still behind an acoustic set).
  4. toddmc

Dream Kit progress.

Good luck finding Artstars and Granstars too (hopefully they're a bit easier to find in Europe)!
  5. toddmc

One foot out the door

Just a thought (if you really don't want to start playing the bass drum with your left foot) but maybe triggers can help? There's plenty of products out there where you can place the trigger underneath the bass drum pedal (you don't even need a beater) so you don't need to generate much power...
  6. toddmc

What are you doing today as a drummer?

Trolling ebay/ reverb and obsessing over which kit to buy (as usual) 🤔
  7. toddmc

Getting fired from the band

Well said mate- couldn't agree more. The whole "everything happens for a reason" chestnut really annoys me as well- it's just something we say when something moderately bad happens (ie didn't get that job/ went through a break-up/ fired from a band).
  8. toddmc

Saving edits on the Alesis D4

Just another tip: You might want to have the module plugged in and turned on while you replace the lithium battery in order to save any edits you've already made otherwise it may default back to factory pre-sets. I had to do this with a Roland TD-10 and managed to keep everything saved (be...
  9. toddmc

Jazz to some people...

Haha- no disrespect meant to Mr Bender of course :) If he was from Timbuktu I could maybe understand it but I can tell you we get bombarded with Ms Swift 24/7 here in Oz so I can only imagine what her coverage is like in the US of A!
  10. toddmc

Jazz to some people...

You had to google Taylor Swift?? How old ARE you? (If a 44 year old metal-head knows who she is you've got no excuse)! 😅 😅
  11. toddmc

Jazz to some people...

Honestly, I wouldn't wouldn't feel the least bit compelled to do anything but maybe that's because I've been conditioned to accept that metal is an "unacceptable" form of music to most people and I'm totally OK with that (hell, it's probably half the appeal). As for changing people's opinions...
  12. toddmc

Which Instrument or Instrumentation are the Drum Sets Master.

I've never written a song in my life but from what I've seen/ read from band interviews over the years is that 9 times out of 10 the guitarist comes up with the riff first and everything else about the song evolves form there? (Although sometimes the drummer comes up with a certain beat first...
  13. toddmc

Jazz to some people...

Totally agree- they're just two sides of the same coin. Why say anything at all- it's not like you're going to change their mind? When someone says they can't stand that heavy metal rubbish, my first inclination isn't to blast Slayer in their face in the hopes they will suddenly be converted...
  14. toddmc

Upcoming Concerts and Shows

I know, right? I visited it as a kid and remember thinking how huge it was but the seating capacity inside is only 5738 (although but much larger events happen outside in the forecourt). Fun fact: the inside space is actually refrigerated instead of air-conditoned. Make sure you come up to...
  15. toddmc

Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz in Stranger Things 3

I wouldn't say I can't stand season 3 but they've definitely lost a bit of that genuine 80's vibe they captured in the first 2 seasons.