thebarak's latest activity

• thebarak
    thebarak reacted to Benthedrummer's post in the thread "Wide" jazz ride pattern? with Like Like.
    Yeah, I don't have that old school background. I had a drum teacher that I hooked up with when I moved to the city...... anyways, he...
  • thebarak
    thebarak replied to the thread Reverse Order of Mounted Toms?.
    When you see a typical set in the store with two toms above the bass drum in the "normal" way, it is not a rule, it is a suggestion. You...
  • thebarak
    thebarak reacted to One Up One Down's post in the thread Has Covid ended my career? with Like Like.
    I'm 49, I have 5 kids 4 of them are still living with us. I'm scared to go outside.
  • thebarak
    thebarak reacted to Morrisman's post in the thread Has Covid ended my career? with Like Like.
    While our situation is currently excellent, everyone knows that just one hidden case can set off the chain reaction again. In the state...
  • thebarak
    thebarak replied to the thread Has Covid ended my career?.
    Ah yes Morrisman, South Australia. Your recovery curve is a bit ahead of ours here in Hawai'i, but this is one of the safest American...
  • thebarak
    And now they are saying that even that, in an air conditioned indoor space, for prolonged periods, is no good. Especially when it...
  • thebarak
    thebarak replied to the thread Sticks keep hitting together.
    Without seeing it I will just suggest moving the hats back, the snare forward and make a height difference of at least 8 inches.
  • thebarak
    As a drummer who is also a ballroom dancer, I can agree. I do not see any social dancing as being a reasonable risk for many months...
  • thebarak
    thebarak replied to the thread Boring.
    I am bored by music that others love, and vice versa. That's the beauty of having different people in the world, and different styles of...
  • thebarak
    thebarak reacted to Morrisman's post in the thread Wrong end of the telescope? with Like Like.
    Many instruments have the same shortcoming. I also play trombone, and the sound I hear is muffled compared to the sound in front of the...
  • thebarak
    thebarak replied to the thread Wrong end of the telescope?.
    In a small room with reflections, you will hear a mix of sound from above, below etc., On stage, your sound from the throne will be very...